Sportbike World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well shit man what are you doing with the thing sitting on the side of the road showing people your wax job you did or out riding it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
418 Posts
145, what da heck is the point anyway. You can ride the piss outta just about any bike and never break 100. Its not like you're highest top speed is indicative of your riding skill or something.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
thomasp said:
well shit man what are you doing with the thing sitting on the side of the road showing people your wax job you did or out riding it?
Are you for real? Since when does speed equate to skill? Anyone can wrench a throttle, but what can they do when true skill is required? Guys who think "riding it" means blasting on straights at high speed should be riding Hayabusas because they obviously can't appreciate what 600s have to offer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
i bet thomasp probably rides 1 tooth down in the front and 3 up in the back so his 170 indicated is probably more like145. Just my theory.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
I don't doubt the 177 mph claim. Considering the speedometer is about 10% optimistic, that 177 indicated is more like 160 actual. This is still a stretch for an '02 R6 (by 2-4 mph), but not impossible attain. Than again, it could also be an indication that his speedo has a higher margin of error.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My intent was to find out other R6's abillity. Since i haven't rode on any of your twisty hiways and you haven't rode on any of my twisty highways there's no way for us to find out who's R6 can go around the bend the fastest. However we all have the same speedometer and stock or not stock, except for gearing changes i suppose, all the speedo's should be the same. If I came off a little strong or rude I appologize. I'm not trying to piss anybody off or offend anyone, however sportbikes are fast and going fast is why i bought it and not a harley. now if there's a better way to find out the answere to this burning question, please, let me know. Otherwise just come on down to the coast and let's go road racing.;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
thomasp said:
My intent was to find out other bike's abillity. Since i haven't rode on any of your twisty hiways and you haven't rode on any of my twisty highways there's no way for us to find out who's R6 can go around the bend the fastest. However we all have the same speedometer and stock or not stock, except for gearing changes i suppose, all the speedo's should be the same. If I came off a little strong or rude I appologize. I'm not trying to piss anybody off or offend anyone, however sportbikes are fast and going fast is why i bought it and not a harley. now if there's a better way to find out the answere to this burning question, please, let me know. Otherwise just come on down to the coast and let's go road racing.;)
If you want to use top speed to guage another R6's ability, that's your choice, but it isn't uncommon for a guy on a tricked out R1 to get smoked by a guy on a bone stock R6 in the twisties despite the R1 having a higher top speed. Does this mean the R1 is a less capable bike? No, it just proves that rider skill is a much bigger factor. Just like your speedometer, the R6 is mass-produced and all parts are basically the same. So if you have the bike, you don't question it's ability. You already know it. You're response to yzfr666 obviously questions the ability of the rider. I would think the only real way to guage that would be to compare lap times at a common track.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
thomasp said:
My intent was to find out other R6's abillity. Since i haven't rode on any of your twisty hiways and you haven't rode on any of my twisty highways there's no way for us to find out who's R6 can go around the bend the fastest. However we all have the same speedometer and stock or not stock, except for gearing changes i suppose, all the speedo's should be the same. If I came off a little strong or rude I appologize. I'm not trying to piss anybody off or offend anyone, however sportbikes are fast and going fast is why i bought it and not a harley. now if there's a better way to find out the answere to this burning question, please, let me know. Otherwise just come on down to the coast and let's go road racing.;)
well what your saying is that you hit 150+ in the twisties on public roads? sounds like a :squid: to me and to second that you have the same exact bike thousands of other riders got so why even ask whos bike is the fastest in the twisties? its all in the rider man so before you go flamin ppl you should think about what your saying. :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well that's all true but 150 is still weak. I've had that bike over 150 in the twisties where there's little yellow signs saying 45. It's also a well known fact that some vehicals come from the factory as lemons, they just wern't destined to be fast and others are faster than the one built right behind it. So i still think mines faster than yours. Come prove me wrong if you want. As far as the squid thing goes, can you really call sombody whoes been riding for 2 decades a squid?? If so i guess I'm a squid, but I'm still faster than you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
thomasp said:
I've had that bike over 150 in the twisties where there's little yellow signs saying 45.
:bs:
Maybe clown is more appropriate than :squid:
"So i still think mines faster than yours" :laughing: --> straight up clown
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,373 Posts
thomasp said:
150 that's it thats weak dude
same here. 150.

You asked, you got an answer. Be fu***n happy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
thomasp said:
Well that's all true but 150 is still weak. I've had that bike over 150 in the twisties where there's little yellow signs saying 45. It's also a well known fact that some vehicals come from the factory as lemons, they just wern't destined to be fast and others are faster than the one built right behind it. So i still think mines faster than yours. Come prove me wrong if you want. As far as the squid thing goes, can you really call sombody whoes been riding for 2 decades a squid?? If so i guess I'm a squid, but I'm still faster than you.
You may have "two decades" under your belt and you may be pulling 150 mph through 45 mph curves, but your experience has taught you very little and you're at the mercy of your own ignorance. If you really want to prove how fast you are, why not take your skills to a track where they can be truly appreciated and sharpened in a proper environment? Again, if you're not comparing lap times, you're not saying much so do us all a favor and kill the internet tough-talk. We all know this was your thinly-veiled attempt at inciting a flame war.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,373 Posts
thomasp said:
Well that's all true but 150 is still weak. I've had that bike over 150 in the twisties where there's little yellow signs saying 45.
Anybody else think we're gonna read about this guy in the newspaper?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
June 2nd, 1974 youve actually think that youve been riding sportbikes for 2 decades when your only 6 years older than me? well ok maybe you started when you were 9 :huh: so technically you only have approx 13 years on the "road" and still thats quite alot of riding experience, but being the dickhead you are it dosent matter if you have 30 decades experience you are quite the clown and maybe you should go take the MSF course so you can learn the fundamentals of "street riding" instead of bragging about how fast you are :rolleyes: im starting to think you have a 10" rim on your back thats why your speedo says what it says :loser:
 

·
S370HSSV 0773H
Joined
·
7,437 Posts
Let's keep it under control everyone.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top