Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure it's been asked before but let's get some updated numbers. The fastest I've been is 160mph as indicated by my speedo. So probably about an actual 140-145mph. By the way I ride an 04' CBR600f4i

·
Registered
45 Posts
Back when I was young and stupid. 125mph from Dallas to Tyler Texas. About 120 mile trip.

·
Registered
845 Posts
160 on speedo and I think it may have had a tad more in her, but when I noticed the 160 I backed off...it was in medium to high traffic and I didn't want to push my luck any further. That was a couple years ago too. I haven't had her that fast since, just up to 140 on the speedo since.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Speedo Inaccurate

Yup. Both on my ninja and on my 2005 VW Turbo Beetle. I measured them against a GPS going straight, back and forth, etc.

Typically around 5 mph lower...

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
GixxerChris said:
160 on speedo and I think it may have had a tad more in her, but when I noticed the 160 I backed off...it was in medium to high traffic and I didn't want to push my luck any further. That was a couple years ago too. I haven't had her that fast since, just up to 140 on the speedo since.
how quickly we forget about our lil out in the boon dock trips up here in the thumb where one can easily see 160 to 180 on the speedos with noone in sight for MILES ;)

195 was the most ... less what ever it's inaccurate by... eitherway I didn't dare try anymore ... not sure why not... anything over 100 you can't react to safely and death is far more likely to occur so what difference would 195 and 200 be :rolleyes:

E.

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Suddenly my 140 seems like nothin :(

·
Registered
231 Posts
mainerdr said:
I saw 200 on my speedo moments before I sold my bike. The speedo was off 8-9% so my guess is at least 170+.
Moments before you sold it eh? Did the new owner have to jump out of the way? :twofinger

·
Registered
675 Posts
i had to open it up once more before i said bye-bye... i loved that thing.... the new owner lives 30min north of me... and the highway has a 2+mi stretch of perfect pavement with not exit's or on ramps... no traffic either... I made the 30min drive in less than 15min.

Time for a new toy... I am looking at the 06 zx10.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts