Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is a weird, "clunky", "loose", sometimes "grindy" sound coming from near the front sprocket. after i start the bike & let the clutch out it starts.. very faint at about 1/2 lever pull. as i start its very pronounced & as i get up to speed it pretty much goes away.. but its still there.

i thought it maybe the chain originally (before i noticed it in neutral after start) because the sound is proportional to rpm.. so maybe something in the clutch? i dunno.. i can also feel a "bobble" through the foot peg sometimes that is in harmony w/the sound.

thanx.

------------------

·
Registered
873 Posts
Your bike is getting ready to explode into a ball of flame and shrapnel causing visual entertainment for all your friends.

:D :D

Seriously, if the noise is affected by the clutch actuation i would say it is something with your clutch. It cant hurt to go buy a new clutch set (springs too) and a gasket and open her up and have a look. You might find a few toy surprises at the bottom of that box of crackerjacks. :eek:

Im sure others here on SBW may have other theories....

------------------
Fear Green.

[This message has been edited by GreenNinja (edited June 29, 2000).]

P

·
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GreenNinja:
Your bike is getting ready to explode into a ball of flame and shrapnel causing visual entertainment for all your friends.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No GreenNinja, his bike is a Suzuki, NOT a Kawasaki. :D

------------------
Pete
-Men are from earth. Women are from earth. Deal with it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hahahahaha

i had a little time to go buy my mechanics at lunch.. it didnt make the noise this time when i let out the clutch in neutral but heard the noise as i rode around the lot... he says chain & i believe him.. it is sooooo loose.. i cant believe i let it go.. it is soooo bad.. trashed. i might as well be a total bike novice. the noise from the clutch we determined is vibration to the sprocket then the chain.. the chain has play between the links & wont hold a tightening.. plus it gets VERY hot... 16k miles on a stock chain thats been raced & commuted in the rain on.. i guess maybe its time for a new one (sprockets too).. guess im getting a 520.

------------------

·
Registered
873 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pete:
No GreenNinja, his bike is a Suzuki, NOT a Kawasaki. :D <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont get it. (?)

------------------
Fear Green.

P

·
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GreenNinja:
Pete your so predictable, hehehe i was gonna edit my response to somethin like "i dont understand that one" but i figured id leave it to see if you replied the way i knew you would.. :D

:p

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, yeah, easy for you to say now! HeHe! :D

------------------
Pete
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

P

·
0 Posts
I dont get it. (?)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've heard that about Kawi riders. :D

------------------
Pete
-Men are from earth. Women are from earth. Deal with it.

·
Registered
873 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pete:
I've heard that about Kawi riders. :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pete your so predictable, hehehe i was gonna edit my response to somethin like "i dont understand that one" but i figured id leave it to see if you replied the way i knew you would.. :D

:p

------------------
Fear Green.

[This message has been edited by GreenNinja (edited June 30, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Somebody stop; hey
What's that sound?
Everybody look what's goin' down...

Sorry...'60s flashback. Funny thing is, I wasn't born until 1980; hmmm :D

------------------
~Nick
2000 CBR600F4
Piped, Jetted, totally trick...
Keep the Rubber side down
my Bruthas AND Sistas!!!

·
Registered
873 Posts
that would be Buffalo Springfield, ("The Buffalo Springfield")

tune came out a couple years before i was born but its still a great one, (even if the band mambers are a bunch or left wing hippie whackos)

:D

------------------
Fear Green.

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SpeedPhreak:
hahahahaha

i had a little time to go buy my mechanics at lunch.. it didnt make the noise this time when i let out the clutch in neutral but heard the noise as i rode around the lot... he says chain & i believe him.. it is sooooo loose.. i cant believe i let it go.. it is soooo bad.. trashed. i might as well be a total bike novice. the noise from the clutch we determined is vibration to the sprocket then the chain.. the chain has play between the links & wont hold a tightening.. plus it gets VERY hot... 16k miles on a stock chain thats been raced & commuted in the rain on.. i guess maybe its time for a new one (sprockets too).. guess im getting a 520.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DUDE!? You bothered posting before you
looked at the chain with 16,000 miles?!
Ummm, do you change your oil?? :D

Another one of those maintenance-free kind
of guys eh?? :D :D

Just playing bro...

Glad you got it straigh!!! :) :cool:

------------------
If the front wheel's in the air, Your front tire you will spare.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts