Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everybody, just one question: if you saw a semi-factory looking Sportster running at a track day, would that be acceptable, or would the rider be venturing into ignorant jackass territory?

Fact is, I'm a reasonably capable rider, and I was thinking about taking my Harley-Davidson (gasp!) to a track day, more or less just for fun; I didn't know if it was common or not. On a sidenote, the bike itself isn't decked out, but stripped to almost a pseudo-naked bike style. Anyway, all opinions are welcome.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Go for it! I can't say that I've ever seen a Sportster on the track but I don't think anybody would mind. A capable rider on a Sportster would be fine in the beginner group. :)

Why don't you contact the trackday club you had in mind and see what their opinion is?

·
Registered
525 Posts
I actually like the look of this Harley. I lok it a lot. Unfortunately the Storz kit cost 7000 on top of the 13000 you spent for the 1200 sportster. that's a lot of money for all show and no go, but it's gotta be a better track bike than stock right?

Sorry to get off topic, but anyone and everyone should take a track day. No matter what bike it will make you a better rider.

http://www.storzperf.com/

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think Harley should produce one of those ^ at a more competitive price point ($13,000 + $7000 graphics option is rediculous). Put it in line with a Triumph Bonneville T100 (~$8500) and I'd be eyeing that beauty for the streets.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Mr.TrevorClever said:
I actually like the look of this Harley. I lok it a lot. Unfortunately the Storz kit cost 7000 on top of the 13000 you spent for the 1200 sportster. that's a lot of money for all show and no go, but it's gotta be a better track bike than stock right?

Sorry to get off topic, but anyone and everyone should take a track day. No matter what bike it will make you a better rider.

http://www.storzperf.com/
the guy that made those has more of a flat track background. i dont know if you'd be really able to lean in on a harley like that on the track, but hell, go for it

·
Registered
29 Posts
Re: Go for it

Dunlop said:
I don't see any difference between a Buell and a sportster so get it on!
Just for the record, a Buell has less weight, better tires, completely different ergonomics, better brakes, quicker steering geometry, and probably more ground clearance.... definitely more differences than similarities.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts