Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Mortifer said:
What "new" ground breaking technological breakthrough do you think we'll see next on sportbikes?
Belly button lint holders that ma... oops, that's Gold Wings. Sorry.:)

Maybe active suspensions? Computer controlled electromagnets?

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
First will be aerodramitics & slowly into other fields such as suspension, probably push button gear changing & who knows what with different materials.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hydraulic drive,all these components are quite heavy now but the bike applications would likely be made out of aluminum.
Fuel cell technology,likely a ways down the road as the present form would have to be miniturized quite a bit.
Tony,I like that two wheel drive idea but would that mean that the front tire would be as big as the rear now?..............ken.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I remember the story about the 2 wheel drive bike. Not sure if I'd want one, but it would be neat if they could get technology that far and sell'em. What about new saftey items, maybe an air bag you wore that deflates when your gonna get pavement friendly, (saw it in a mag).
Or more computerized things on the bikes.

·
Registered
107 Posts
that air bag idea is neat, you could have an emergency switch like on boats and jet skis, where if you fall off and yank the cord off, the engine dies, and your "airbag" suit deploys or some kind of protective measure happens...

·
Registered
113 Posts
yeah i've seen those airbag jacket things............. The company was trying to sell them to deputy's who are motor officers out here.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
DustedSunshine said:
yeah i've seen those airbag jacket things............. The company was trying to sell them to deputy's who are motor officers out here.
Can I get a perforated one for hot days?:)

·
Registered
426 Posts
remote start? I still think composite frames would be very very cool. Stronger and much more lightweight.

noise canceling helmets would rule.... like in airplane headsets, they emit a noise pattern that cancels out the wind noise... pretty cool.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts