Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Defined

A supermotard is a motorcycle that is setup and capable of running on both pavement and dirt track sections. It's got to be stable, able to corner well, handle going over jumps and dirt sections.

Our race series is here: www.supertt.com.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Re: Defined

ronwest99 said:
A supermotard is a motorcycle that is setup and capable of running on both pavement and dirt track sections. It's got to be stable, able to corner well, handle going over jumps and dirt sections.
and One Heck of a lot of
FUN!

·
Registered
116 Posts
This all looks very intruiging, I have watched a couple of these races and read a bit about it, but didn't realize there was a regular series here in the NW. I would love to get back into racing
and this looks like something I could get into, although going over jumps isn't my thing, the roadcourse stuff is my bag :)

Where do you get 17 in wheels for your bikes and what widths do you use?

·
Registered
39 Posts
My bike (Husaberg FS400e) came setup from the factory with the 17" motard wheels. The front is 3.5" while the rear is a 4.25". (tire sizes are 120/60x17 front 150 or 160/60x17 rear). I believe you can buy the whole motard kit from husaberg as an aftermarket add on.

As for the series, it's a whole lot of fun. Like you, I am not a big jump guy, but the biggest jump we have is 3' high. The jumps are usually setup just after a corner so you don't have a ton of speed before hitting them, just enough to get the bike off the ground.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i have been racing motocross since i was 5... now im 16, and i am getting a 2002 KTM Duke this week, i cant wait, i dont know if i will race it... but i will surely have a hell of a lot of fun on it ;):thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
16 Posts
i know i should probably post this somewhere else... but i cant find ANYTHING for the duke, i want to get an exhaust and other bolt ons... i can ship it from anywhere..

·
Registered
16 Posts
thanks for the link.. i had found that site but it wasnt in english last time ;)

I got the bike today... its so much fun !!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts