Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If that's a stupid question, OK, but tell me anyway.

Oh, and to 748 absuer, congrats!.... you got your wish. They didn't dump the Bimota forum though. :D

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
........is our "Junior member" here??
Oh wait a second it said Super Motard,NOT,super Retard!!!
Sorry my mistake!!!!:D:D

Jim

P

·
0 Posts
Way to go Paul!!! Congrats! And very glad to have you!

Supermotards are, plain and simple, KICKASS! And that KTM is one helluva badass looking bike. I *NEED* one of those. :D Or maybe a YZ426F or CRF450 with lights and 17" Dunlop 207s. Yeah ba-by! This whole supermotard thing is gaining quite a bit of momentum. Riders often ask "What's the best commuter bike?" Well, I can't think of a bike that would be more fun to commute on than a SM! Inject a little bit of hooliganism into your morning and afternoon. And on the weekends? Oh man, I can think of a lot of fun to be had!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Pete said:
Way to go Paul!!! Congrats! And very glad to have you!

Supermotards are, plain and simple, KICKASS! And that KTM is one helluva badass looking bike. I *NEED* one of those. :D Or maybe a YZ426F or CRF450 with lights and 17" Dunlop 207s. Yeah ba-by! This whole supermotard thing is gaining quite a bit of momentum. Riders often ask "What's the best commuter bike?" Well, I can't think of a bike that would be more fun to commute on than a SM! Inject a little bit of hooliganism into your morning and afternoon. And on the weekends? Oh man, I can think of a lot of fun to be had!
Actually most supermotards (while a ton of fun) would be lousy commuters for 2 reasons.
1. Small gas tank = very limited range.
2. Big thumpers = big vibes = numb hands.

My commute is 74 miles each way. So far I've been doing 1/2 and 1/2 Ducati & cage. I usually have to fill up the duck at least once a day, sometimes twice.

On the plus side (if your commute is short)
1. Up high seat means good visibility to see and be seen.
2. Long travel suspension/light weight makes median and curb riding a real option.
I still want one it's just 2nd or 3rd on my bikes to buy list.

P

·
0 Posts
lucifer said:
...lousy commuters for 2 reasons.
1. Small gas tank = very limited range.
2. Big thumpers = big vibes = numb hands.

On the plus side (if your commute is short)
2. Long travel suspension/light weight makes median and curb riding a real option.
Your #2 on "the plus side" greatly outweighs both noted disadvantages! :D

P

·
0 Posts
RCjohn said:

I can't wait until we get a chance to build our Spondon framed SM. :cool:
Hey John, come here, gotta little secret for ya - Paul doesn't like you *that* much. Shhhh.

·
Registered
546 Posts
748 abuser said:

Okay, I'll be nice.;)

Ok what the hell happened here :angry:

Did you get reborn after all those birtdays??

A month ago you would have been on that faster than the chick on the ducati :D

Congrats on the new mod status but you don't have to be a wuss :barf:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
qbclub13 said:

Ok what the hell happened here :angry:

Did you get reborn after all those birtdays??

A month ago you would have been on that faster than the chick on the ducati :D

Congrats on the new mod status but you don't have to be a wuss :barf:
It hab nuffin' ta do wit my "birtdays."

Robert and Will gave me an ultimatum:

1. Become a moderator and maintain a wholesome image.
or
2. Ban me from SBW forever, cage me like an animal, and force me to listen to tapes of GreenNinja's rants about the injustice faced by hoards of TZ250 owners who have been displaced and ridiculed by the rest of the sportbike riders in the world, until my ears bleed.:eek:

Can you blame me?

Now go away and eat shit, you goat phuker.:D:D

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
So it's kinda like passing a kid onto the 4th grade 'cause his 3rd grade teacher can't stand the little ba$tard anymore? Something like that? :p

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
tigerblade said:
So it's kinda like passing a kid onto the 4th grade 'cause his 3rd grade teacher can't stand the little ba$tard anymore? Something like that? :p
You shut your mouth, tigerlilly. The third grade was the best 3 years of my life.:crying:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts