Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bike I have is a 1997 CBR f3. After looking in several magazines and over the internet, I think I may have 1996 colors - I bought it used, and every used bike has a few stories to tell. - Is this year 96 and 97 - I have never ever seen another 97 with this color and I know 95 through 98 is identical body work. I am getting ready to order some OEM body work and I don't know the year I should be looking at. Does anyone know the years of this plastic???? Pic below.

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
IF identical plastics, then it doesn't matter.

Did you check that link I gave you in the other post??

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
You have '96 bodywork anyway. The tail section on the '95/'96 is slightly different than the '97/'98. The newer tail looks more "squished" from top to bottom. There was a purple/yellow combo in '97 but it's a different graphics scheme. You're sure the rest of the bike is a '97? Is your tach black or white?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tigerblade said:
You have '96 bodywork anyway. The tail section on the '95/'96 is slightly different than the '97/'98. The newer tail looks more "squished" from top to bottom. There was a purple/yellow combo in '97 but it's a different graphics scheme. You're sure the rest of the bike is a '97? Is your tach black or white?
Well, my frame id sticker says 1997. I believe my speedo is black and the tach is white. - Good question - don't have my bike today - funny how you look at them all the time, but I can't recall the color.

If the tail section is different, I really need to know what plastic I have - I thought all 95 through 98 was the same, but now know it is not - thanks!

Yes CliffRock, I checked the link - thanks for the info - they are cheaper on some parts than the others - I appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
The subframe is the same so I imagine the bodywork from all F3s will work on any other. The mounting points are all the same (my brother has a '98 and I used to have a '95). I don't think you'll have a problem fitting them from any of those years. Black tach=95 or 96. White tach was introduced in 97. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts