Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took my bike in for a leaking fork seal, they fixed it under warranty for the second time but I had to replace the upper fork tube as it was pitted. They should have seen the pits the first time I brought it in. It was fixed at my expense, which is cool cause rocks are what did the damage and I agree that's not a warranty issue. Anyway they said they can't warranty things for me anymore as it's a track/race bike.:mad: I didn't remove the tape/wire and didn't put the mirrors back on, I left it track ready when I dropped it off.

What kinda shit is that, that's what these bikes are made for. That's like selling me a warranty for a 4x4 and saying I can't take it off road. I understand you can't warranty brakes, rotors, chains and other stuff but what the f*uck, if something electrical goes out I'm shit out of luck, that's not cool.

What would you do?

·
Registered
380 Posts
DUH!!!

Tell them you went to an instructional course. That's not track use, it's instructional for street purposes. Tell them that they required no mirrors for instruction purposes.

P

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That won't fly, I used to buy my tires there. Every month I came it for a new set. They know I've been going to the track a lot.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Track Days aren't racing....

Are they?? My shop knows I go to track days, a couple of the guys go too. After I crashed I never asked them to fix anything that was crash related, but they fixed things that clearly weren't related to the track (regulator rectifier for example).

As others have said, you might want to use a different shop altogether if they're gonna be like that.

Gob Bless Arizona Powersports. They have been the best dealer I've ever encountered.

P

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Ya, talk to Honda directly first, but ya, I love my local shop Dan. Champion Honda in Costa Mesa, but thats a heck of a drive to have your bike worked on.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
KLRAdam said:
I would call Honda directly. I'm sure if you explain that you take your bike to the track once in a while they should understand.
That's sounds like a good idea, I wonder how hard it might be to actually talk to someone at American Honda. :p

HondaNut! said:
Ya, talk to Honda directly first, but ya, I love my local shop Dan. Champion Honda in Costa Mesa, but thats a heck of a drive to have your bike worked on.
Well if I ever need warranty work I know my local Honda Dealer won't help me. :finger: And the other Honda Dealer (about 50 miles from home) employs idiots to work on the bikes.:rolleyes: :eek: :(

·
Registered
987 Posts
A point file will remove the sharp edges of pits from a fork tube, preventing the seal from getting cut. This should be done whenever seals are replaced.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Did you try and reason with them at all? That's bullsh!t if you're buying tires and sh!t off them and they won't even consider doing warranty work on non trackday/crash related stuff. I wouldn't think it would be any skin off their back to do warranty work on a trackday bike, as long as Honda doesn't find out they're covering stuff outside the warranty policy. And if it's Hondas policy not to cover bikes used on the track, I don't think calling them would be such a good idea, unless you think you can reason with them easier than your dealership. I'd definitely try and find another dealer, but apparently that isn't really convienent.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ya, but they tried to feed me a line of bullshit, I'm pretty pissed. And I won't be going to them for parts/acces. anymore.

I'll just have to put all the street stuff back on and take it to another dealer if anything goes wrong.:(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts