Sportbike World banner

What winter weather temperature are you willing to ride in?

• 60 +

Votes: 21 5.9%
  • 59 - 50

Votes: 67 18.7%
  • 49 - 40

Votes: 104 29.1%
  • 39 - 30

Votes: 93 26.0%
  • 29 - 20

Votes: 37 10.3%
  • 19 & below

Votes: 37 10.3%

• Total voters
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Just rolled in. 30 degF. It was fine. Had my solid Dainese jacket with the rest of the leathers and a collared flannel shirt, buttoned at the neck. For steady highway, neck gets covered and electric vest is usually on. Snowmobile gloves, long johns, and good wool socks finish that package off, good well down into the twenties.

·
Registered
19 Posts
snickerz said:
Here in PA this time of year it's not the cold that will get you it's all the gravel, salt, ice, potholes etc etc that you have to worry about.

Amen brother. The raods around here are bad enough in the summertime,.at the the first sign of a salt truck, thats it. Ride'n ain't no fun if you got no traction.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ah... Winter... Seems like only yesterday. Hang-on it probably was it's all spring & summer from here on in for me, I'll be thinking of you lot don't worry while i'm out Riding. :cool:

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
I get to ride year 'round. The only "off-season" I have is when I'm off the bike. :twofinger

·
Registered
135 Posts
cookeetree said:
I get to ride year 'round. The only "off-season" I have is when I'm off the bike. :twofinger
I Ride every day to work rain, hail or sleet, but Riding for fun can be patchy in winter, unless you class some rear action fun.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I voted 39-30. Thank God for Gore-Tex, Polartec Fleece, and heated jackets!:D :D :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
49-40 here. I'm not all equipped with the fancy heated jackets and stuff. :p

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I Got holes in my gloves and rode today mustave been about 38.

Somewhere between freezing and boiling! It don't matter! long as the roads aren't icy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i took my gixxer out the day i got it in feb. i think it was about 20 out and the sun was out. cuoldnt resist. thank god for my gortex and fleece lined jeans. that doesnt mean i want to ride in that temp everyday though.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts