Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps this has been asked many times before but I would like to hear you opinons =)

·
Registered
766 Posts
A small group, maybe you've heard of them: The one and only Mr. Intake Howl and the Screaming Exhaust Notes. ;)

·
Registered
212 Posts
DiablolusDCLXVI said:
Perhaps this has been asked many times before but I would like to hear you opinons =)

YES! I listen to music while I ride, I listen to everything. Country, Rock, easy listening. The radio comes in handy on long trips. I wear the small earplugs that fit in your ear. Helmet slides right over it. I turn it up just loud enough to hear the road and the music. The day my bike becomes a "chore" and not "pleasure" that is the day she's up for sale man. So, turn those radio's on!

For those that don't cause of the "safety" factor, but wheelie past me doing a hundred in a thirty mile an hour zone. ya'll are so damn funny!!!! Ride safe :D ;)

·
Registered
279 Posts
i will jam anything from tool and rage to jay-z and de la soul. i hate country. when i'm in the mountains the latest exhaust notes can't be beat. i can't wait for their new one, "the Fabulous Exhaust notes featuring Muzzy"

·
Registered
560 Posts
Fav tunes are Cool Jazz (Rippingtons, Rick Braun, Dave Koz, etc.) plus the hot rythum of Afro-Celt and Kodo (san soa) Awesome drums, baby.

·
Registered
380 Posts
GRRRR!!!!

DMX Groooowwll!!!! Where my dogs at??? Ruff Ryders!!!

Yeah I love to listen to him on my rides. I took my usual run to payson last labor day. On the return, right before town I passed a DPS going the opposite way. I was probably going 75 in a 65, but her turned around and put on his lights. I dropped two gears and blasted away. Three corners later he was still back there and gaining. Luckily I caught the freeway ran it up to redline in top gear and found a nice quiet neighborhood to hide in. Ever since I have loved the confidence of "X."

P:eek:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Type of player

I am looking into getting a player for my longer rides. My question is what do you guys use? I am thinking about getting an MP3 player that way the music does not skip instead of a cd player.

·
Registered
577 Posts
just the sound of the bandits exhaust and the occasional sound of my left passenger footpeg dragging down the side of some jerks cage as I pass in traffic.;)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Re: Type of player

congo_grey said:
I am looking into getting a player for my longer rides. My question is what do you guys use? I am thinking about getting an MP3 player that way the music does not skip instead of a cd player.
i use a mini disc player. for those of you who don't know combine a tape and a cd. mp3 is good except for limited memory. with mini disc you can just pit and change discs. oh yea, 40 seconds of shock protection will take care of any skipping you might incur if you wheelies get choppy.;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
there is a new mp3 player out there..

and It can hold up to 20 gbs of memory It's called the nomad jukebox.

BTW I listen to almost any thing from monzart to wu-tang but I'll pass on anything harder than metalica :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
DiablolusDCLXVI said:
...has been asked many times before...
...the engine? :)

Actually, that brings me to an interesting question. I've noted people mentioning the type of player they use, and I've thought of maybe MP3 or MiniDisc - cause they skip less and can store a range of tunes you like (no need to piss about with swapping CDs).

But it'd be nice to go further - maybe get a radio intercom for multi-bike riding with audio input. Anyone seen anything like this?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Re: Re: what type of music do you listen to on a ride?

harmony said:

...But it'd be nice to go further - maybe get a radio intercom for multi-bike riding with audio input. Anyone seen anything like this?
Yes. Check out the HJC line of Chatterboxes. Their newest gives you a 2 mi 2-way radio plus inputs for 1 or 2 other items such as a discman, radar detector or, (get this) a CELL PHONE. Yes now you too can join the cagers and talk on the phone while you ride!!!!, will the wonders ever cease!!!

Sad thing is, I'm actually considering one of these. I use my bike for messenger/courier work sometimes and not having to take the helmut off to call dispatch would be handy.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Re: Re: Re: what type of music do you listen to on a ride?

oldgixer said:
HJC line of Chatterboxes...
And the URL, for anyone who cares, is:

http://www.hjc-chatterbox.com/

Looks like the HJC-90 kit, with the reasonable full-o-fruit options, is only USD$150 RRP (that's about $300 of our local Pacific Paesos here in New Zealand).

Not too bad for what it is, I'm going to see if I can find a local distro.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts