Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that wax is a bad thing for this material, but there has to be a good protectant for it. Some people recommended "vinylex" at another forum, but I wanted to see if anyone here has an opinion. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I use Meguires Gold Class Trim Detailer. It keeps all the nice plach plastic and vinyl nice a nd shiny black. It wont dry and turn white like wax does.

Im not sure if this is what you are looking for as I am not to familiar with your bike.

MIke.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I use Pledge (dusting spray) on my whole bike, it keeps the dust off, shines the painted surfaces, and keeps the black pieces black. I've been doing this for about 2 years, so it has been proven to me not to harm any of the different materials ie paint, plastic, rubber (not tires:p ). I still wax my paint every so often just to keep it protected from the sun.

Travis

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I'm not sure how it would be on the flat black, probably alright, but I find Plexus to be the best cleaner-protector for plastic finishes. I used to use Pledge as well, and it seemed to be fine, but Plexus seems to be just that much better.

Maybe try the Ducati forum, and ask someone who has a Monster in the flat black for some cleaning tips.

·
Registered
192 Posts
bandicoot said:
I use Pledge (dusting spray) on my whole bike, it keeps the dust off, shines the painted surfaces, and keeps the black pieces black.
Travis

And it is lemon fresh:D

I use pledge on cars, aircraft, bikes, dining room table, as antiperspirant, aftershave, mouthwash, etc. Works great, leaves a faint aftertaste.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Bobas said:

And it is lemon fresh:D

I use pledge on cars, aircraft, bikes, dining room table, as antiperspirant, aftershave, mouthwash, etc. Works great, leaves a faint aftertaste.
I don't know about the mouthwash thing, I perfer pinesol for that:eek: :hurl:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts