Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always used amonia free window cleaner, but I just noticed that it says not to use on painted surfaces. What do you guys use? Also, what about on the windsheild?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
When on a road trip, I carry a spray bottle of Novus Plastic Cleaner. But for bugs, warm water and a towel work the best and have the least effect on paint or plastic.

If you want a spray polish, Saeng Can Do was rated the best by MCN. The stuff is great! Honda and Kawasaki make sprays too that are not too bad. Also there are products like Glas Gloss, Countertop Magic, that also are made for scratchable surfaces like plastics, fiberglass and laminates.

If you want to also wax at the same time, any of the liquid waxes will work on the body work (not the windshield), my favorite for quick cleaning is Turtle Wax in the green bottle (not the silicone version).

But I feel water and maybe mild soap is best for bugs on plastic or leather clothing.
:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
The easiest way to remove splattered bugs from your bike is to use a hot,wet towel prior to washing. Rinse a towel with hot tap water and lay it across the front of your bike. After five to ten minutes the bugs will wipe right off.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts