Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between washes & polishes, what do you guys use for a QUIK clean to freshin the bike up before a ride, w/out going all out.....Is there any user friendly spray on cleaners or something similar...HOLLA bakk........:cool:

·
Registered
255 Posts
I use water and a polishing cloth but not a hose. Just get the dirty spots wet and wipe off the mess and dry it with the polishing cloth wringing it out frequently. It works good and it's quick and simple. I use Honda polish sometimes but I wash the bike first so I don't rub dirt on the paint when using the polish. Honda cleaner/polish works great but water is easier and quicker to wipe off IMO.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Plexus. :D I love that stuff I should buy it in bulk. Sometimes when I run out of Plexus I use Meguiars quick detailer. But i've since decided that that stuff is nothing but water that smells pretty. lol. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
I use the Honda spray on cleaner and polish for a good cleaning. It's pretty cheap at 4.95 a can and it dose an excellent job on all parts of the bike. It's easy to use just spray on and wipe off. I also use Plexus for a quick clean and it works great on helmets and face shieds.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
If you want aerosol, the best product out there (Motorcycle Consumer News) that has been tested against the others is "Can Do" , sold by an east coast outfit called Saeng (they make wind protection wings, trick clamps with holders for GPS, radar detectors, etc., driving lights, etc. ). I use it, and it works very well to clean and to shine. Will remove bugs and chain lube fling off as well.

If you want to shine after washing, I recommend 3M Gloss Enhancer.

Honda and Kawasaki both sell a detail spray that will work if you don't want to order the Can Do. But try it, I think you will like it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
cleaners

amen to the honda clean. also if its too dirty for polish but not for a hose wash try armour all car wash wipes. they work great and are easy to carry with you too.:2cents: Lord Vader

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mothers Clean and Wax. I find this the best hands down. what a shine. and it is just a wipe on wipe off cleaner.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Spray-on furniture polish

Good Evening All-

Lemon PLEDGE furniture polish does a great job between traditional waxings. It seems to do a wonderful job of holding contaminants in suspension to prevent scratches when used with a soft cloth.

Best of all, it is easy to find and can usually be obtained on sale in a regular grocery store. I used to use Meguiar's Quik-Detailer, but I agree that it is likely scented water.

~ Blue Jays ~

1 - 13 of 13 Posts