Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to finally buy my first bike, after finally reaching a point in my life where i can afford one. lol. Of course im drooling over r6s and r1s, but i have common sense and do respect and take advice from experienced riders.. i rode my friend's 01 R6 last year few times, but it's too small for me, i'm 270 and 6'5... i don't feel comfortable at all on it, my knees were almost touching the handles. Power wise, i felt like i had decent control of it and was comfortable with it for it being my first time on a bike, even though it is something to get used to. Then I sat on a 06 R1, actually test drove it, fit me good, felt perfectly comfortable on it sizewise, but **** that, WAY too suicidal. So since i cant even fit on a 600, what am I supposed to start with? Everyone is saying 250, i wish i could, but highly doubt that's a possiblity for me since i'm 270 6'5:jawdrop:... what do you guys suggest ? thanks in advance

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
A 250 would actually be dangerous for someone your size.

Look into an older 600-750cc bike; the power doesn't come on like modern bikes and the geometry isn't as radical.

Stick with your gut instinct that an R1 is not the bike for you. :thumbs2:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Newbie rides

Some appropriate bikes for you to consider are:

Kawasaki Ninja 650R
Suzuki SV-650S
Yamaha FZ-6R
Suzuki GSF-650

Any one of these is going to be more ergonomically friendly to somebody your size than the 600 supersport class. The Suzuki in particular is a pretty good sized bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Would you recommend a 600 sport, or sv650 to a beginner rider that is only 6' 2". I'm looking to get into turns and going to the track and thought a 500-600 sport style bike would be good to learn on before getting a supersport.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think Kawasaki Ninja 650R will prove to be the best option for your. I have the same bike and I am very with its performance. You can even get the new bike hauled to your place using hauling services from here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts