·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Right now, :

E-4/SPC
Army N.G.
currently ~14 months of service
~4.5 years left in my contract, hoping to go active duty after my tour in Iraq, then re-joining the guard after that. A retirement from the guard won't be so bad.

-=bmacd=-

·
Registered
447 Posts
i was on the E-6 list but was still a E-5 got out after 12 years with 20% disabilty, army it was shortly after desert storm/ shield.

·
Registered
489 Posts
mstrand_68 said:
14 months and an E-4???

Army :rolleyes:

-M-
National Guard man. They'll give you all the way to e-4 without thinkin about it. But if you want anything after that, you have to stay until some poor fat bastard retires Then, MAYBE, if you kiss enough ass, you'll get your 5. Started active duty 2 years, then went natinal guard for 2, then back active duty. Currently and e-5 headed to Iraq in 2 weeks. Airborne Infantry. Been in for over 5 years. this will be my third deployment. Love almost every day of it.

BMACD, don't expect to get shit when you come over to the active duty side. No bonuses or anything for prior service who are still in. Sorry man, but thats just how its goin right now. (I work at the recruiting office). Best of luck and thanks to everyone who has served!

SGT Hawk OUT

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Military

I am currently an E-5, I just got back form my second tour in Iraq. I will be getting out in June. I will have served 7 years by the time I exit. I am honored to have served my country and to have served with my fellow soldiers. But going to Iraq every other year and starting to be even less than that now is highly overrated. Good luck to those goin over and I wish you all a safe return!

·
Super Moderator
704 Posts
Was a Marine Gunnery Sergeant (pay grade E-7) when I retired. I was eligible and would have made Master Sergant (E-8), but had other plans.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Cause E-7's still get to go out in the field and e-8's are stuck behind a desk all day kissing Lt Col.'s asses! hell I'd be in a shitty mood too!

·
Super Moderator
704 Posts
RoadStainR6 said:
Cause E-7's still get to go out in the field and e-8's are stuck behind a desk all day kissing Lt Col.'s asses! hell I'd be in a shitty mood too!
And thus we have "my other plans." Reason I got out when I did :)

·
Registered
633 Posts
US Army, SFC, 10 years and still going. Just finished 3 years on the trail and am looking forward to the return to Forscom.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Hey Hey... I thought we all agreed to leave the bed wetting out of this. :crying:

BTW
:twofinger your :2cents:

mstrand_68 said:
It would be a private.

Private: Someone who doesn't know shit, and has no idea what the fuck he is doing at any given time.

This could be the cause of those bed wetting problems you where having mainerdr.

-M-

1 - 20 of 26 Posts