Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy some good riding pants... Looking at some SHIFT pants to zip onto my SHIFT jacket. I found this pic on the web and am posting it as a reminder to how tough jeans are! OUCH...... and for Gods' sake wear a damn jacket and some good boots too!!!! Don't be a tough guy!!!!

:squid:

·
Registered
153 Posts
even in the summer I don't think I could ride with shorts in which I see about 90% of the riders do around here do. His road rash could've been alot worse considering he did'nt have any gear on.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I wear the icon super duty cargo pants, they also have them in jeans , i liked the look of the black cargos best and they are comfortable.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
got me a set of joe rocket textile w/armor. it feel weird to not wear my riding pants along with my jacket and boots. i tried jeans once and felt too uncomfortable to ride.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but whats a good place to get good gear at good prices? I cant remember the web sites....

·
Registered
307 Posts
Although I have two pairs of riding pants I wear jeans 95% of the time. Jeans keep me a little cooler on and off the bike, especially with all the 90+ degree days there's been so far. Commonly the air is foggy with humidity as well so I've been considering wearing shorts on the bike, despite how super squidly it is.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
My Joe Rocket Ballistic 5.0 texture trousers along with JR 5.0 Ballistic jacket to an even much older Joe Rocket so called Tahoe jacket without liner.

You will not find it listed now or on previous lists for after a few of them, they realized they had made a "prize lemon" of a jacket with far, far, for to many stupied zippers & the liner at the top of the neck did not allow one to do a decent "shoulder check" that one must do ALL the time.

I ordered it from a m/c shop in January of '01 & it took till June for it to arrive---the first with proper length & at $100.00 more then the so called bomber like jacket length that JR felt to be ideal.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Jeans around town and when the leather pants are being cleaned...but never without my knee shin guard combination. That stuff saved my left knee cap in a get off in the twisties.The jeans were completely destroyed and I was just waiting to see blood spilling, but it never came. Not to mention my knee or leg wasn't even sore. I'll see if I can grab a friends cam and take a picture of the left knee guard. Thing was ridiculously melted from the slide. If I'm ever going the distance or on a planned "spirited ride" it's my A-Stars leather pants with armor all the way. Not to mention you don't slide around the seat quite as much with leather on. Kind of nice... :D

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
DriRider Nordics (textile) for me. Bought them when I started riding. They're winter pants, but I've been wearing them year 'round to save money. We're heading to the shops next week for some new gear for both of us.

We get Florida-type weather here in summer, so yeah, I sweat like a bastard, but at least I'm protected. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
JBaz said:
pants? we were suppose to wear that when riding? No one gave me that memo... I just go commando... :rolleyes:
and you dont have to stop to take a piss

·
Registered
32 Posts
I bought the Cortech DSX Denim jeans with the CE knee armor.
Jeans are leather lined and comfortable but the knee armor is a waste.
The pockets for the armor is low so the armor covers my shins when standing.
Took them out. Had a pair of wrestling knee pads so I wear them under the pants.
Figure it's better than not having any knee protection.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have the Cortech DSX Denim jeans with the CE knee armor as well and the armor does slide down when you are walking but as soon as I sit on the bike it goes where it is supposed to go.

·
Registered
127 Posts
i have some fieldshear mesh pants with armour i bought for about 90 bucks at some closeout site possibly the one tmp mentionend. there cooler than jeans...really like wearing shorts....lol , armour too. its tough if your going out to dinner or something and riding the bike. i guess on those occasions it comes down to jeans that actually are hotter , go figure.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Got a pair of First Gear Textiles w/ armor and they zip into my jacket. They may look like a Mad Max special, but they are comfortable and breathable for the summer months.

·
Registered
127 Posts
i think a interesting point was made....""proper"" mesh gear with armour though it looks heavy is actually a lot cooler than jeans. i`m not sold on the mesh stuff being great in if anything but a sub 55mph crash but more than likely its better than denim.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts