Votes: 113 41.5%

Votes: 23 8.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
dusted!!! where do you buy yer gas??

91 is all i can get!!! but my scooter manual says it runs on "87 pump octane(r+m/2) method or 91 octane or higher rated by the research method" wheres hondanut when ya need him??

·
Registered
20 Posts
avgas

does anyone know what 100Low Lead aviation gasoline will do to a bike...it makes a mustang run much faster....and HOTTER!, anyone have any experience?

·
Registered
202 Posts
gas

I run 87 during cold weather because it burns easier and hotter, and 91 in warm weather since it runs cooler, but with less power. If I am going on a long trip with mostly highway speeds, I will run 87 in warm weather...

then again I could be doing it all back asswards because I have 87 and 91 and the way the burn confused...

·
Registered
865 Posts
I run highest pump gas I can find in my streetbikes...92-93 &
104 in the race bike @ $5.00 gal.......at the track.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I run 89 'cause that's what Honda tells me to. I'd imagine that the engineers who designed the engine know what they're talking about.

Using higher octane that required doesn't do your engine any good. High octane is used to reduce pre-ignition in high compression engines. Any other use is just pumping money into the oil company's coffers.

But, like I've said before, I won't use gas from a non-namebrand station, you never know what you'll get or how long it's been sitting in storage.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
HBzx6r02 said:
you can't get 92 at the pump anymore here in CA, all they carry now is 91...:(
Damn tree-huggers:finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:

Although I did see a sign in front of a Union 76 that said "RACE GAS" $4.99/gal ???

·
Registered
33 Posts
I run 93 octane even though my owner's manual says 86 or higher. I've tried to lift the nozzle of the 87 octane pump, but, I just can't make myself do it. I may be throwing money away, but, I sure do sleep better knowing that I'm running name-brand 93!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Believe it or not, in todays high compression engine bikes the higher octane levels will affect the performance of your bike. It will burn cleaner and cooler, which will inturn make your air/feul mixture cooler, which equals power!!;) I never use less than 93, and I've been using 115 which I found at a small Texaco down the street from my local track. Believe me it makes a differance!!:cool: :eek: As a rule, Hot engines with cold air make the most power. The colder the air/feul mixture the better, Hence the higher octane making more power.... If your not looking to get the absolute max power out of your ride, than you are probably waisting money on high octane feul, but if you want the most out of every run, use it. You'll see for yourself. I got a full tenth and 1.5 MPH out of 115 compared to 93. (nothing else was changed and the bike always ran the same time before the feul change).:D ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
as a rule of thumb... use the octane that prevents pre-ignition. the higher the octane number, the slower the fuel will burn. if your engine will not detonate on 87 octane, then there is no performance gain to be had from using high octane fuels.
there is no harm in running a higher octane fuel, but there will be no actual performance gain from using it.;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I only run Mobil, does brand make a difference? I only run med octain 89, because i was told highoctain burns hot and doesn't offer substantial power gains and can start to pit your pistons.:(Low octain has a lot of shit in it.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts