• Track Squid

Votes: 4 0.9%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Prepared for combat "Everyday Rider"

I do battle EVERY SINGLE DAY that I ride. I am gonna take some photos of my commute route someday and post them. I am road warrior of big city nasty traffic. I also was a commutter in the Phoenix area in 92-93. I have done a few multiday road trips. Unless me and my bro are out for a "spin", I am doing battle in the streets.

Yes, sometimes it gets ugly. I don't how to explain it. I often ride my bicycle... somehow its less stressfull;)

Downtown DC and the crackhead-driver burbs too.:angry:

·
Registered
627 Posts
I ride almost everyday but there are times that I'm also in the squid category as well (damn city driving). So.....everyday rider with squid tendencies:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Missus got the car so I am left with my R1. I do not really use the whole power but I want to keep my license. I still have a ball even if I dont drag my knee down, neither pull up a mono! I miss on a lot of fun but go and ride when it is raining, hailing, cold and freaking windy! Someday I hate it... oh well it is still heaven... FR.

·
Registered
40 Posts
In 15 years I have gone from Squid to everyday rider to weekend rider back to everyday rider. It is good to be back!!:D

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yeah mostly just tearing up the back roads on the weekend since I work M-F and don't have much time to ride weekdays. :(

But I do ride to work sometimes in the summer especially on freak a$$ Fridays. :p

Also looking to hit the track one day! ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ride to work every workday, winter time and all, unless it snows or rain. Don't snow here much, don't rain here much either. Just need good winter riding gloves

·
Registered
38 Posts
Everyday rider..... although I enjoy the occassional track day.

·
Registered
48 Posts
stuntking

i like to ride for fun but for the last 2years i have been more into the stunt scene than anything else. but i still cruise every now and again, but the main thing to remember is to be safe and ride smart. :finger:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ok. Newbie here. WTF is a squid? FFS, (for FUC*'s sake), I'm the only one in this thread that doesn't know that?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well, I guess I had just gotten back into the motorcycle scene when I asked what a squid was.

A squid is usually a teenager who does things like wear flip flops, shorts, and no helmet when he rides, he does wheelies, endos, etc.... The whole point of a bike is not to ride it, but to do tricks on it to impress people.

I could go on forever, but I have to work. Suffice it to say, his favorite movie is Biker Boyz.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've been riding for a while and I have been all of them at one time or another. I'm now just an old fart who likes to ride evreyday.:D

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
V-EngineMan said:
Well, I guess I had just gotten back into the motorcycle scene when I asked what a squid was.

A squid is usually a teenager who does things like wear flip flops, shorts, and no helmet when he rides, he does wheelies, endos, etc.... The whole point of a bike is not to ride it, but to do tricks on it to impress people.

I could go on forever, but I have to work. Suffice it to say, his favorite movie is Biker Boyz.
Mostly a squid is just a stupid, stupid rider. This is the person who, on their first group ride, feels that he/she can keep up with the top riders when they go through twisties at a swift pace. On the first corner, they realize that they have gone in too hot and with no riding knowledge. Their hot new R6 has just been reduced to an insurance claim.

Good example: 'that' guy at the bar. Don't be the guy who rolls into a dance club with a mullet, sunglasses, and the notion that he can score with any female in the place, models preferably. The worst I saw was a middle-aged guy in a trenchcoat, sunglasses, serious mullet, combat boots, and attitude. He tried doing dance offs with anyone who came within his space and he ended up trying some bizarre move that landed him first into a railing and subsequently onto the floor......much laughter all around the dance floor. :eek: :p :D :thumb: :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
I ride every day the only thing i own is my bike had a car but dont like it,some people say bikes are death on wheels.FUCKTHEM. i love my bike,i used to have 2 bikes my old 600ninja i used when i felt squidly and my baby my new R1 is my day2day ride so gotta keep it clean, and the story on the 600 well its long and drawn out in words but ill have pics of it soon.

well keep it safe and stay alive yall just remember to
SLAPAHO!!! (Save,Lives,And,Put, A, Helmet,On)

LATER.:finger:

21 - 40 of 46 Posts