Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And, no, Dan & Amber, I'm not talking about your extracurricular activities.
I'm wondering what bad habits we exhibit in our riding. I was thinking about it yesterday right after I swooped around one of my favorite curves. Immediately I started reminding myself to grip the tank tighter when I lean LIKE I DO EVERYTIME! Maybe this'll help us get rid of some of these habits.

holla,
Ed

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
drinking and driving, and showing off are the worst. But hey, we're not perfect

·
Registered
766 Posts
Laziness, pure and simple. Leaning on the bars with tense arms. I consciously fight this all the time.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Bad Habits

I have a bad habit of intentionally spinning my rear tire and sliding the back end out everytime I enter my apartment complex. I gotta quit doing that, cause one of these days I'm gonna eat it.

Another bad habit is checking my mirrors while IN a turn. We often ride fast in big packs out here, and I'm usually looking to see if the line is clear to pass. Can't tell you how many times I've glanced in my mirror, and when I looked up had slid off my line a wee bit. Another of our riding group has the same bad habit, and it came up and bit him last weekend.

Oh, another one is riding with my visor open. Got a bug in my eye the other day, and damn near ran off the road. Trying to ride with only one eye open while cleaning out your other eye with your left hand is suprisingly difficult....

·
Registered
455 Posts
speeding...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Using the rear brake. That is what I get for getting a dirt bike when I was 7. If it weren't for cagers pulling out in front of me and quick yellows (and admitted exessive speed at times) I would take the damn thing off the bike.

And gripping the bars like I want to rip them off the bike :D

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Worst habit? Weaving and speeding in traffic. But only sometimes, I swear!

:D

Handlebar deathgrip (though I'm getting better).

Watching the rider in front of me in a turn instead of looking through the turn. (getting WAY better about that too! :) )

·
Registered
108 Posts
Having 2 early 80's era sportbikes, I can't corner as well as the new bikes so when I catch up to someone who knows how to ride, I cant stay with them in the corners. What makes this bad is even though I know I cant lean the bike as far as they can, I still try, and its not too difficult to get it to an angle where the ass end starts wobbling around. I haven't bit it yet, but I seem to push my luck. I really need to get a new bike.

I also have a long uphill dirt driveway, and I like to spin my wheel all the way up it just for shits and giggles. It looks pretty cool when I get off and I see a strip of overturned durt running the entire length of it!

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
I'm o.k. in the left handers, and most righthanders, except the downhill, medium, and tight stuff..you know, arms straighten up, put a death grip on the bars, and we all know what happens when ya do that...:( lose your line, the bike wants to stand up, blah, blah...boy do I need help:rolleyes:

Oh, it's even tougher, when your foolin with your goolies at the same time:p

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Trusting my x-ray vision that WILL eventually lie about what's around that blind corner. I.E. faster than I have the faintest chance of stopping by where I can see to. In my defense practicing breaking has been a serious part of riding lately.

That freaking death grip that keeps creeping in once in a while so I don't see it coming and it's well set up by the time I realize it has happened. Seems to disipate when I've got the armor and leather from head to toe.

Goolie juggling of course.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
On my last bike, whic required a firm, positive shift to work properly, I would always forget and get lazy resulting in missed shifts and false neutrals.

Speeding.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Amber6 said:
Glad I don't have any goolies to juggle or fiddle with! I'd have crashed by now for sure!
(well, does juggling your man's goolies as a passenger count??)
LMAO! :D ;) :)
Maybe ...sorta:D

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
He he.... they said "goolies":D

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Amber6 said:
Glad I don't have any goolies to juggle or fiddle with! I'd have crashed by now for sure!
(well, does juggling your man's goolies as a passenger count??)
LMAO! :D ;) :)
It counts but you get far more points if you can do it mid corner on separate bikes. A true 10 on the difficulty meter.:D :rolleyes: :p

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
apexismaximus said:

It counts but you get far more points if you can do it mid corner on separate bikes. A true 10 on the difficulty meter.:D :rolleyes: :p
Now that I'd like to see...Oh Amber.......

1 - 20 of 133 Posts