Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, cages are the devil, but most of us do have one. This is an old thread from before the um, ehem spazz... anyway. Whoever started it originally I'm not trying to rob your glory.

I want to hear what you guys and gals drive when you're not on your two wheeled monsters...

I am the proud slave to a 97 Toyota Tacoma V6 2wd extended cab. The outside and the engine I've kept pretty simple, however, I've done some minor tweaking to the inside....

Alpine head unit
Crystal 6.5" shallow mount coaxials
MTX Thunder series amp
MTX Thunder 8000 10" sub in a custom enclosure

All wired together by Lightning Audio. :)

(I work in car audio. Nuff said.)

And yes, I love my truck. :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
My cage is a 2001 Ford Escape. Everything is stock except for tinted windows. I needed something that could tow my bike to Daytona!!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
:) I have entirely too many cages as follows:
98 honda Accord EX 4cyl 5-speed
93 toyota T-100 4x4 with off-road package

The wife to be:
98 Subaru Outback 5-spd
75 280z 4 speed in-line 6
83 3/4 ton Chevy 6.2 liter Desiel 4 speed manual

Think we have enough manual tranmission vechiles.

Rick
NCVFR

·
Registered
132 Posts
Squidwannabe,
Nope it is bone stock (no turbos in 75) in like new condition. She, my girlfriend, has had it almost since new and keep it in tremendous condition. It has just over 180,000 miles with no engine work done. It has been repainted, and the suspension has been redone to factory specs. It is really no faster than my Accord but it is still a blast to drive on a twisty road.

Rick
NCVFR

·
Registered
129 Posts
well next to my bandit I park my

'95 mazda rx-7,
'00 lotus elise,
'01 porshe 911t

oh wait, that dream last night wasn't real.....

I guess I will be sticking with my '95 jeep wrangler til I somehow get a lot of money.

·
Registered
279 Posts
i've got a 94 toyota 4 runner. bone stock except for 31x10.5 shoes, windflectors (will never own another cage without 'em) and tinted windows. inside got a kenwood mini disc, cerwin seperates up front, coaxials in the rear and 2 12" mtx in a hatchback box. it may not be the fastest or coolest truck, but i've always been able to drive out of what ever i was dumb enough to get into in the first place. never a dead battery or a burnt out head light. i didn't want to believe it but you can drive a toyota till the wheels fall off.:D

·
Registered
194 Posts
vector4 said:
well next to my bandit I park my

'95 mazda rx-7,
'00 lotus elise,
'01 porshe 911t

oh wait, that dream last night wasn't real.....

'00 lotus elise (drooling uncontrollably)!!! I admired your taste in dream vehicles. I (sorry to say) drive a 96 Honda Civic which does not get garage priviledges next to our bikes. My husband's '01 Vette gets the other half of the garage.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Daily driver is a '90 735il BMW,
Ranch Truck: '96 F-350 dbl cab diesel 4x4 "The Beast"

Wifey:
1999 GMC Suburban
1981 Porsche 911SC

Teenaged boy at home lusting after a number of other cars.

·
Registered
577 Posts
My wife drives a 2001 Nissan Altima, I don't have a cage of my own. :p

·
Registered
122 Posts
my vechical of choice rocks

it's a fully stocked 1993 dodge carvan
0-60 in 20 minutes
60-100 roll on in errr ummm come to think of it I never taken past 90 and thats down hill with a good gust of wind and some quite heavy people inside it :p

·
Registered
18 Posts
mine is a '01 Ford Ranger Ext. cab off road 4x4 I love it...

Thank goodness for bikes in the summer time...gas is getting expensive and that truck doesn't do well....for milage... :(

·
Registered
53 Posts
Midnight Blue 2000 Olds Alero GLS, 18" Enki rims, yokohama tires, KN Filter Charger kit, Pioneer 9000 series CD Deck, Pioneer Amp, 2 Soundstream SPL12's.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts