1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
A black Firebolt!:drool: :drool: :drool: I want one!:drool: :drool:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Check out the front brakes, they did away with the ZTL single rotor and put on dual rotors.

I'd like to see where they mounted the muffler.

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Fatman said:

I'd like to see where they mounted the muffler.
It's probably in the usual place for Buells. Under the engine where you can't see it.
I like the frame-tank idea.
This is the first purposeful looking Buell I ve seen!

Aris

·
Registered
577 Posts
ariszr7 said:

It's probably in the usual place for Buells. Under the engine where you can't see it.
I like the frame-tank idea.
This is the first purposeful looking Buell I ve seen!

Aris
it doesn't look like there's enough room under that lower for a muffler:confused:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I haven't really been keeping track of the Firebolt since it was introduced. Has anyone (publication, website, etc.) tested it yet, and is it for sale to the public yet?

·
Registered
577 Posts
I rode one at the Long Beach cycle show. Buell hasn't anounced when the firebolt will be at the dealers. I'm guessing March 02.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Buell XB9R

Well, the bike is very light full of fuel, or I should say it feels light, it makes good power and the brakes are phenomenal.

The Firebolt is small, but it had more than enough room for my 6'1" frame. The handlebars are noticeably forward compared to my bandit and the seat allowed me to get farther forward on the bike.

The Firebolt is very flickable and despite the short wheel base and bicycle like steering geometry, it's very stable, at least at the speeds I was able to reach on the demo ride.

The power curve starts down low, nail the throttle from 2500rpm or so and you get nice linear power all the way up to redline. I also noticed that it doesn't shake nearly as much as any other Buells I've ridden, even at idle, I could feel the power pulses but it was never enough to be bothersome. ( The Bandit buzzes more at freeway speeds)

And the brakes, I've ridden some bikes with good brakes, the Aprila RSV Mille R being one of them, and the Firebolt ( at least at the speeds I was travaling at) felt as good as the best of them. Good feel and lots of one finger stopping power.

Straight line performance still doesn't measure up to the Japanese four cylinder bikes ( didn't expect it to ) but it should be an excellent weapon for the twisties.

Would I buy one? You better believe it!:cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts