Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well tomorow I'm picking up my first bike. Its a 93 Ninja 250 I'm getting from a friend of the family for $250. Gonna learn on that while saving money to get something new. What I want to know is, is there a certain time of year when a buyer has a little more barganing power than others. Sort of like when the end of the car model year arrives and the dealers will do just about anything to get rid of the year old cars so they have room the the next model year vehicles.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Cheaper to buy in the fall. Sellers would like to unload it before the winter rather than have to store it all winter long. In the spring, it's the seller's market, as it's time for everyone to want a bike.

Supply and demand!

·
Registered
980 Posts
I would say it depends on where you are. In the northeast where I am bikes definatly sell for less right before winter because people need the cash for heating and whatnot with the huge oil prices. Bikes will cost more in spring because the snow has just melted and everyone has the itch to ride.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have no experience buying a new bike but once you're set on bargaining, how much of a deduction sounds respectable on a bike? I wouldnt want to give the dealer some crazy number and have him think its a joke.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts