Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
DOn't laugh at this but. The bect sound I've ever heard from a bike exhaust was a Kawasaki GPZ with a Kerker.

They had a very distinctive growl back then.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Bias aside, I honestly think GSXRs with ANY pipe sound the best. They just don`t sound like the rest of the inline 4s, and the sound at idle IMO just sounds mean.

·
Registered
27 Posts
best sounding bike/exhaust

I like muzzy myself but i have a two brothers exhaust and i love it but i think hondas with two brothers sound really nice and any suzuki with a yoshimura exhaust. The guys that i ride with here in spain have everything from Kerker,Micron,Mivv,Yoshimura,D&D, Leo Vinci and Scorpion but i gotta put my money into two brothers.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Re: best sounding bike/exhaust

calzx9r said:
I like muzzy myself but i have a two brothers exhaust and i love it but i think hondas with two brothers sound really nice and any suzuki with a yoshimura exhaust. The guys that i ride with here in spain have everything from Kerker,Micron,Mivv,Yoshimura,D&D, Leo Vinci and Scorpion but i gotta put my money into two brothers.
I gotta agree with everything but the Muzzy comment: they are tuned for Kwaks, but they sound too much like a lawn mower to me. JMO. Two Brothers and Micron for the deep burble that I like, but Yoshi is the shit on a Suzuki.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Re: Re: best sounding bike/exhaust

wheelie123 said:
I gotta agree with everything but the Muzzy comment: they are tuned for Kwaks, but they sound too much like a lawn mower to me. JMO. Two Brothers and Micron for the deep burble that I like, but Yoshi is the shit on a Suzuki.
I have to disagree with that dude, D&D full race, is the way to go for sound. :D

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
duessel said:
Everyone bike has it's own pipe.
When Duess comes out of hiding to speak, it becomes law. There are few that can over ride his word.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Late 80's Kawasaki GPZ w/ Kerker. Sort of a deep tiger howl. A wickedly evil sound.

And whatever was used for those Kawasaki's in the original Mad Max movie.

If you ever go to Laguna Seca there is a tunnel in Monterey where the bikes rev thier engines as they go through. In there all the bikes sound even better. Especially when its alot of bikes at the same time.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
At this point, any bike sounds better than mine because mine's not frigging running. I get her back in 2 weeks after a 3 year absence......holy shit I can't wait. :drool: :drool: :drool:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I love the sound of BIKES in general! My cousin had a hayabusa with the DnD pipes, these like megaphone pipe's that don't come past the drivers heel guards, OH GOD THAT THING WAS ANNOYING, it was as loud and louder than some Harley's. I myself prefer a nice MICRON full exhaust, it's deep, but not throaty, it's loud but not tin soundin' like some DnD's, and it sounds good one any bike. With all the variaties of them, they really look good on any bike too!!

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
Snake said:
Late 80's Kawasaki GPZ w/ Kerker. Sort of a deep tiger howl. A wickedly evil sound.

And whatever was used for those Kawasaki's in the original Mad Max movie.

If you ever go to Laguna Seca there is a tunnel in Monterey where the bikes rev thier engines as they go through. In there all the bikes sound even better. Especially when its alot of bikes at the same time.
I use to have an Old GPZ Kaw not sure what kind of canister (possibly stock style) it had but it did have an awesome growlin sound to it :drool:

I know the tunnel you're talkin about.. I was stationed at Fort Ord and DLI there in Monterey also went to Laguna Seca a few times :thumb: that's an awesome race track to go to.. :drool:

E.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts