Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been keeping an eye on Sato performance (aka Babyface in Japan). They had an american web site and I believe their exhaust systems are available in the US. I am particularly interested in their reported gains in midrange power. Anyway, after I bought the Akra for my XX I quit paying attention. It looks like I may have a buyer for the XX and a new bike is on the horizon so I went out to look and see what Sato was up to and it seems like they dropped off the planet. It used to be www.sato-performance.com but it's not there anynmore. Anyone know what happened?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Birdman said:
Anyone know what happened?
They were bought by Akropovic. I think you can still get the Sato-Performance stickers, which are reported to give a phenomenal increase in horsepower. Something like 40%. :D

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet!! That means if I use both the Akrapovic and Sato stickers I could conceivably double the horsepower. This is important because I am such a good rider that none of these new sportbikes have enough power for me. That extra 4HP makes all the difference in the world! I think we all know it's actually for looks and sound, I won't deny that. Why spend $10,000+ for a bike that sounds like a Singer sewing machine? Especially when I could spend $14,000 on something else that sounds like a tin can full of loose bolts being shaken on a paint mixer. :p

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmmm......a normal, informative reply from Paul. Why do I feel like I'm being set up? Thanks for the info, but I'm still watching my back.....:D

PS -- I love canned firewall software. Tons of motorcycle sites are not blocked (including this one) but dragbikes is. Must be because it has 'drag' in the name and they think it's ****'s site.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts