Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the Yamaha symbol stands for if anything. B3117 claims that he knows what it stands for but will not tell me so I am wondering if he really knows. That is if it stands for anything at all.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yamaha symbol

Tuning forks. Really.
I'm right aren't I ? guys...tell me I'm right...please
Did I win? tell me what I won Johnny!

Ah, age has it's advantages!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah baby!

Wait! theres more! act now and you'll receive.....
seriously though it (the three intersecting tuning forks) make sense when you consider what Yamaha makes, musical instruments,ie...organs, keyboards,etc...

Got to go can't wait for B3117.............Ride safe

·
Registered
328 Posts
It's true...

Yamaha was making pianos long before they ever got into the motorcycle business. They've had the tuning fork logo forever. I'm glad to see it back on their bikes, because it's a classic!

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sice Yamaha was making instruments long before motorcycles, don't you think they could come up with a different symbol for the different products that they make. For example Honda has a different symbol on the cars, motorcycles, and other areas such as snowblowers and things like that. I just think it is a little lacking in originality

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Yamaha Makes it All

Yamaha makes everything. They make musical instruments, motorcycles, robots, computer equipment, sound equipment, tuning equpment, they even make a car. I believe they make some surgical eqipment too. The tri-tuning forks can stand for anything. The tuning for means that it is a finely tuned machine.

Want to see all they make:
http://yamaha.com/

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think the tuning forks are very appropriate. If you have ever rode an R6, you would see what I mean. That bike could corner while hauling a load of 2 X 4's. :D Just don't try going around a curve with lots of cut grass on it. :( My most recent mistake. (See "Cut Grass Sucks")

bRad

·
Registered
8 Posts
Boxx442 said:
I just think it is a little lacking in originality
Brand recognition, brand loyality--
creating a new logo associates the brand with a "different" company--- it's all about marketing---

Honda makes engines, so they can afford to create different logos...while Yamaha has a wider assortment of products---
"I love my Yamaha amp, bike so i'll get their sound card for my PC "--brand loyality!

I have all except for the bike, YET!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
You're all wrong...

The Yamaha symbol comes from an ancient Chinese clan of nomadic warriors. It was used during battle. It was displayed on a flag flown high above the front line of the warriors.

It stood for: We're bung-fodder, but we look real good.

Hope that clears up any misconceptions.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks for the clarification Paul. I had hearth the myth, but until now, I just didn't beleive it. BTW-I think that the Ducati symbol was taken from the doors of the outhouses used on the battle field. Saw something about it on the discovery channel. :D

bRad

1 - 15 of 15 Posts