Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I know someone selling a 2001 ZX12-R. Nice bike, adult owned and well maintained. Only mod is a can. It has 11,500 miles on it. Whats it worth? Any bad things about these bikes?

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
SpeedyZ said:
OK I know someone selling a 2001 ZX12-R. Nice bike, adult owned and well maintained. Only mod is a can. It has 11,500 miles on it. Whats it worth? Any bad things about these bikes?

Thanks
Mike
Booger boy has one, see what he thinks. JJKGURU or something like that.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
SpeedyZ said:
Whats a good place to check pricing. KBB list it at $6200 but nothing to do with milage just make, model and year
I use KBB and NADA and it's somewhere in between. 11,500 miles for a 2001 is well below avg annual usage, so the mileage doesn't really come into play. I have 12k plus on my 01 TL, and put around the same mileage in that time on the other bikes I had. I think 5 k per year is even considered low mileage.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
SpeedyZ said:
Whats a good place to check pricing. KBB list it at $6200 but nothing to do with milage just make, model and year
IMO, I'd say 5k
when I bought my busa spring of last year, I was looking at those as well and 5500 seemed to be the price you could have one for with less miles. Of course this means driving out of state to get it (OH, TN, IN, etc....). Since every kawi fanatic wants a zx14, it brings the price down on the old stuff.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Well I bought my 01 929 with 1700 miles on it a little over 2 years ago for 5,500. It came with helmets, perf jacket, gloves, etc. that I immediately sold on ebay since they didn't fit and got stuff that did. The bike was completely stock and that is what I was looking for, so yeah I think I got a good deal. The only thing I made him replace was the battery since it was dead :)

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
SpeedyZ said:

Thanks
Mike
I think $5G's would be a great deal, especially with that low of milage.
I have nothing bad to say about them at all, as long as you know you're buying a BIG bike. Lots of hp & torque means lots of fun, but it is a lot heavier than 04-06 liter bikes, but imho way more comfortable than they are. You're welcome to come give my bike a ride if you want, but it's not stock.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Faster just use pledge!, works the same covers scratchs and all. The only down side is you have to rub it out more than Honda polish! The plus side, your bike will have a nice lemony fresh smell :)

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Re: What do you think?

jjkGURU said:
I think $5G's would be a great deal, especially with that low of milage.
I have nothing bad to say about them at all, as long as you know you're buying a BIG bike. Lots of hp & torque means lots of fun, but it is a lot heavier than 04-06 liter bikes, but imho way more comfortable than they are. You're welcome to come give my bike a ride if you want, but it's not stock.
I'm on my second ZX6-R but not real happy with it. I had a ZX9-R in between the 600 but never got comfortable on it. To wide in the tank for me. I'm 5'5". I've been thinking of a sport crusier but not sure I'm ready for one yet. I still like to play around. I've been think of a busa and I know these to are pretty close. The bike is local and the owner just bought a ZX14.

Chris I use both NADA and Kbb also just thought there might have been another I didn't know about.

Keep the comments coming everyone and thenaks so far.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts