Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about installing blue leds under the rear and front fenders. I want to install it only for visibility reasons. I think it will increase the visibility of the bike at night, so cagers can see me.
However, I don't like the light in the ricer cars, and I think it is so cheesy.
What do you think, should I install them, or I am going to look corny?

If anyone have them installed, can you post a pic?

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
I'm not a fan of LEDs, but very much to each his own.

On the visibility front, I wonder when these will come out in full-face versions :confused:

Attachments

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
If you install them on the rear I would think that it would interfere with the ability to see the brake light when it comes on. Might make it harder to see. I know blue lights make it hard to focus on a object.

:2cents:

BTW, I doubt they are illegal here in Cali, but I would never put them on my bike. To each his own I guess.

·
Registered
892 Posts
hey i had some led hanging around and decided why the hell not, however i put one under my back fender so it would kinda glow the tire and one just under the seat in front of the battery to glow the middle. as for visibility, if they are put out of direct view like mine then they do basically nothing, you can barely see them because of all the lights in the city and the headlight of other vehicles. unless your putting them on the outside of the bike where they are shinning directly froward or back then dont bother. but as stated in above posts some are illegal.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi All-

Saw some blue neons on a Harley-Davidson with lots of chrome and it looked pretty sharp. They did a great job of just having a gentle and tasteful glow in the engine area.

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
892 Posts
Blue Jays said:
Hi All-

Saw some blue neons on a Harley-Davidson with lots of chrome and it looked pretty sharp. They did a great job of just having a gentle and tasteful glow in the engine area.

~ Blue Jays ~
Harley's and such with all the chrome are the only bikes that leds really make look sharp if done right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts