Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
I dont have to many mods done performance wise yet but got them on the was as we speak. but right now i got Red led's inside the engine bay so it glows red. I also got a fender eliminator kit on it. Got the hightechspeed turn signals and running lights on it.(www.hightechspeed.com) On the way i have the Hotbodies exhaust coming, a power commander, and k&n air filter. Thats pretty much it for now. The reason I did all of this is because I want to have a bike that is not simular to anyone elses, and to make it unique, cause everyone has a r6...

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Trick paint job from Trigga.
Fork brace.
Corbin seat.
Jeez, I guess that's it...............we kept it pretty much stock.

Got new body parts coming for a totally custom paint job. The tins on it now are too cool to part with, so they will just go on display.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My '99 YZF R6

I have the following additions to my bike
  • Steel Braided brake lines from Goodridge (front and rear)
  • Frame sliders from IRP
  • Center mounted steering stabilizer from Toby
  • 520 Chain conversion using DID Gold X-Ring
  • K&N air filter
  • Slip on Ti exhaust from Micron
  • StremX Wave Rotors from Braking USA
  • Dark Smoke windscreen by Speedscreens

·
Registered
264 Posts
The bike came with F1 slip-on's and a jet kit.

I put some PIAA driving lights on it as I commute 45miles one way at 2:30am(deer),they're also good in daylight!!(they keep the cages away),added 2"to the mirror stalks so i could see past my elbows

This winter I plan on adding;another set of lights(more is better...right?),Corbin seat(comfort),K&N,another set of Avon/ST's,
maybe some(SS)brake lines.

Eventually a 17"rear wheel

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 04 R6

Only thing I've done to mine so far is a high-mount carbon exhaust from Leo Vince. Next on my list is some good frame sliders and a set of boots and leathers for me. After that I'm planning on doing a taillight integrator kit from who knows who yet and maybe some stainless steel brake lines since they have been highly recommended to me. I will probably leave it at that for this bike (plan on going bigger in a year or two).

Reason for the exhaust is primarily my own wants (love the sound of a good exhaust and love the look of a highmount). Secondary is to make all the crazy people on the road hear me comin so they don't decide to make me the middle of a sandwhich on the pavement. The light kit is because of the highmount making it hard to have turnlight stalks, and the rest of it is for track safety.

·
Registered
46 Posts
LP dark smoke windscreen
Graves frame sliders
Yamaha swing arm spools
UFO taillight integrator
VFX fender eliminator
Gregg's custom flushmounts
Devil shotgun slip on
Yamaha seat cowl

I did it because it looks better, and no one has my exhaust.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
04 R6

Not much..., yet.

LP CF frame sliders, brake/clutch levers, bar ends
Galfer SS brake lines/HH pads
Fabbri 2x bubble windscreen
My own rear fender eliminator

Next on the list is custom blinkers, in the corner of the "eyes" of the headlights..., a couple folks have done this..., www.r6-forum.com

FYI..., I've tried a bunch of different windscreens..., I'm completely satisfied with this Fabbri (F.Fabbrl Accessori) one..., by far, the widest and tallest one I've had experience with, over ZG, Sportech, LP, and Puig.

·
Registered
627 Posts
SS brakelines
HH brake pads
Scotts steering stabilizer
Dyno jet kit with K&N filter
micron slip-on
zero gravity windscreen
euro tail with intergrated turn signals into the brake lights
Mototeck flushmounts replaced front signals
520 chain and sprocket conversion with +2 teeth on the rear
Barnetts comp. clutch kit

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The K&N makes a difference

Right now my K&N is killing my bottom end but the mid and higher end definately have more power. I have not had it jetted yet, when I do the power band will even out more. Since I use my bike for weekend rides and not everyday commuting the lack of bottom end doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Re: The K&N makes a difference

VYPIR said:
Right now my K&N is killing my bottom end but the mid and higher end definately have more power. I have not had it jetted yet, when I do the power band will even out more. Since I use my bike for weekend rides and not everyday commuting the lack of bottom end doesn't bother me.
Mine definatelly ran a lot better after I got the carbs jetted. I don't notice any lack of bottom end.

·
Registered
147 Posts

A totally customised front end with extremely "adventurous" rake.
Its gonna help in tipping the bike into turns.

if ya wondering, its an old school 1980 Yamaha 3M5.
and yeah i bin it!

:squid:

·
Registered
699 Posts
yamagirl said:
GYT-R Full Exhaust
Gilles Adjustable Rearsets
Shogun Frame Sliders
Woodcraft Crankcase Cover
Carbon Fiber Mirrors and bar ends
Rocketbracket Exhaust bracket
more fun stuff to come.................
Sweet bike!!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Scotts Steering Damper: For obvious reasons

Graves Velocity Stacks: One of the best and cheapest mods I've done

PCIII: Again... for obvious reasons

K&N Air Filter: More air....

Frame sliders and rear spools: Duh.......

Down one tooth in the front: Gotta love acceleration

I got a bunch more, but I can't remember them all....

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts