Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay...'bout two weeks ago I bought Superbike 2000 for my P/C. I have the Microsoft Sidewinder Game Pad. I admit I am not that great at games but I usually get racing games for my Playstation and do pretty good with them.
Is there a better controller for this game than the one I have?? This one is WAY TOO touchy for me and I have tried to make adjustments to help but am having little luck.
The steering is where I have the most problems....I seem to over compensate and end up weaving around way to much etc etc...
Help!!!:confused:
Other than that, this is a pretty cool game and I just need to be able to be less frustrated and able to enjoy the game.:)Thanks for any help you all can give me!!

JIM

[Edited by katana600 on 11-12-2000 at 03:49 PM]

·
Registered
873 Posts
Try a regular joystick. Some people just like gamepads better but for me they suck. Ive always had better feel in racing games with a stick.

Im using a 1995 vintage CH Flightstick Pro and it really works great. You cant buy them anymore, so id just recommend a good MS Force feedback joystick, or any QUALITY joystick. CH still puts out some of the best! But beware of "bargain" ones. Ive found that some of the expensive joysticks dont hold up after a few years (my FSPro is an exception), but ALL of the cheap ones suck beyond compare.

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Controller

I have a Sidewinder Gamepad also. Works great on World Superbike. Make sure that you have the updated drivers installled on the computer for the game pad. I also have a Saitek joystick, $30. I got it at Best Buy, they have a lot of good deals on joysticks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Freesytle?

I own a MS Sidewinder Freesytle gamepad. I really recommend this for motorcycle games. It has a motion sensor and depending on the way you tilt the pad is the direction you are pressing and how hard. It works GREAT for motorcycle games and it usually comes with a free copy of Motorcross Madness as well. They are a little expensive, but imo are well worth the money.
Have fun!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well,now that I have pulled out the jewelcase for the controller,I actually have the Freestyle Pro model. I went to the MS site have downloaded 2 patches/updates.I will see if this helps!:)
Jim

·
Registered
34 Posts
I use the best gamepad ever created.

Well, I use the best gamepad/controller ever created. I hooked up my Playstation Analog controller to the USB port using a converter I bought at chinatown (NYC) cost=$27. Everything works, minus the shock sensors. I use the PSX analog controller all the time for all games. It's the easiest controller to use in my opinion.

·
Registered
205 Posts
you can do that?!?

you can connect the playstation controler to the PC?

that is good to know b/c i was just going to go and buy a controler but i will connect the playstation to it instead. the controlers has always been one of my number one complaints with PC gaming

·
Registered
53 Posts
I use a hand held racing wheel, Like a pistol grip remote-control car radio... It works great!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts