• something else

Votes: 17 77.3%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie and can't decide which bike. Money isn't to big of an issue seeing as I have around $9000 for the bike and gear...not spending it all would be great too though. I can't decide btw a 600RR, prob a 2003 for money reasons or a 00-03 GSX-R 600 or 750. Any suggestions or opinions?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Bro I'm just going to warn you that hardly anybody if anybody will say that a newer 600 is a good newbie bike. go for something small 250, 500, and live a little while longer bro.:2cents:

·
Registered
2 Posts
dood, get triumph's new rocket III. At 2294 cc's you can't go wrong as a newbie bike.

in all seriousness, if you're starting out get something that's a starter bike. like a ninja 250, gs500, etc.

just my opinion and from over 19yrs experience in sportbikes. good luck.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Jesus...there needs to be a rule about not posting about "what kind of bike should I get?". I am not even going to touch this one...

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
You ask a question, get a few answers & then someone suggests you buy the most powerful thing on the market.

I can see why Slip-On Rapist made the above comment.

I can only assume someone new to the board, with all of two posts, feels this was funny.

·
Registered
133 Posts
ShanMan14 said:
Buy whatever you don't mind dropping a few times.
That's the best advice I seen in a long time:)

Don't worry, by the time you get done with your frist bike it's going to be scuffed up:thumb:

The ones that don't are the exception to the rule.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yes there should be a subject section for just the newbie first bike question.
I agree with Z-Fanatic's suggestions for a new rider, no bigger than 600 cc, nothing newer than 10 years old with "R" in it, used is good because like ShanMan14 said, you will drop it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts