Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ... the cruisers have Sturgis and Daytona Beach.

What do the sport bikers have?

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Cannery Row during Laguna Seca :2cents:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anything U.S. East/Southeast Coast-ish?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Sturgis has it's fair share of sportbikes, if your into that sort of thing.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
CycleFest

Colorado used to have "CycleFest", a 3-day event that was held at a ski area- Copper Mountain. Most of the motorcycle manufacturers showed up with free demo rides, there were SuperMoto races, live bands, vendors, and lots of other stuff. And it was 90% attended by sportbikes. Definitely the best motorcycle event I'd ever attended. (3 years in row).

Alas, CycleFest seems to have died a slow death. The 2006 event was lame- held in the city of Denver with no demo rides and then completely non-existent for 2007.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Weird ... why do you think that happened?

- City cracking down?
- Loss of consumer interest?

We do have the Vortex here in Atlanta every thursday. I want to spend another 6 months on my bike before I brave the ATL highways necessary to get there tho.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is no such thing as a beginner sport bike.modern 600s are insanely powerful and you will kill yourself on one.There are beginner's bikes that have a sporty image.The Kawasaki Ninja 250.The new Ninja 650 is a terrific package.I've ridden them and they will grow with you.My advice is to stay off the 600 super sports with clip-on type bars and high pegs until you get a season or two under your wheels.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There are a lot of bike specific rides held at Deals Gap through out the summer,but as far as I know no just general sportbike event that I am aware of.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts