Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off I kind of feel bad posting a bunch of subjects on buying bikes in the daily rider section... there ought to be a section for buyer questions or something...

Anyhow... I google searched for some bikes and came up with this classified ads place... monkeyads.com

I ran a few searches, first for gsxr's then for r6's.
Go run a couple, try "r6" for instance: http://www.monkeyads.com/Search12.asp

Now I know if something sounds too good to be true then it almost always is... but theres got to be a dozen r6's listed seemingly in near perfect condition 1999 and up under 4 g's.
Most of these bikes seem about 2k cheaper than you'd find them elsewhere...

I've got to be missing something... what is it?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I would think if it were one or two. But theres tons of deals. Some that go from outrageous cheap have to be a scam up to just pretty cheap all the way up to normal prices...

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Contact the seller. If he mentions the bike is in europe, its a scam

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Made about a dozen calls:

2 wrong numbers
about 5 unanswered
about 5 more disconnected lines
the 2nd one i listed for the 01 r6 was for real but sold. that one didn't seem outrageous, just cheap.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hey I found a 2005 Black R1 with only 1000miles on it for $3500! I called the guy and he said he still has it and will ship it to me for free. I gave him my CC # and he said he could have it to me by Christmas! Thanks!

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
psudy said:
Hey I found a 2005 Black R1 with only 1000miles on it for $3500! I called the guy and he said he still has it and will ship it to me for free. I gave him my CC # and he said he could have it to me by Christmas! Thanks!
please tell me you are kidding

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
RyPkr_99 said:
...you posted trade in value.
I don't see the point in looking up the dealer value if you're going to buy private. Dealer prices are always inflated. :2cents:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
cookeetree said:
I don't see the point in looking up the dealer value if you're going to buy private. Dealer prices are always inflated. :2cents:
True, but trade in is also going to be a dealers lowball price. I guess an average would be about right.

That would make it about 4300. Which sounds typical

1 - 20 of 22 Posts