Votes: 1 7.1%
  • OHIO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Tough call between VA/WV...spent little time in PA, none in Ohio!

Next time any of you folks are on the Blue Ridge Parkway down VA way (Mabry's Mill area) and need a little break from the BRP, try the 58/8/BRP triangle. 'Bout 8 miles down the mountain, 8 miles back up, and lots of curves! Don't be surprised if you turn around and do it in reverse! Got a couple of nice restaurants on both legs of the triangle (BRP is base leg) and also have a nice view at lover's leap on 58, just off the BRP.
I often ride up to eat, enjoy the view, and push the locals down the mountain (usually with kids plastered to the back windows)!
Sumpin' bout burning cager brakes just smells like...VICTORY! :D

Had to add this after my last ride: if you're in this area, try Hwy 40 from Ferrum College to Woolwine VA (on Hwy 8). Blew by this road plenty of times in the past getting to wherever, but had the time, and the whim hit me on my last day ride. It's a rollicking good time, with plenty of tight turns, elevation changes, and a few sweepers thrown in for good measure. A good number of driveways, but many of 'em you can spot through the curves/elevation changes well before you get there. Ferrum College also has a Blue Ridge Museum right on 40 if you have the time.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Spme of the good roads in Ohio are: RT.26 (Marietta)
Rt.555 (Morgan) thats about 100 miles long:eek: Just to mention a few:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Gotta lean towards WVA

It's a close call really. There are many "back roads" that are actually state highways that are great and offer an acceptable level of the safety factor. Like Rt.42 in Rockingham, Shenandoah & Augusta counties in Va. Of course 211. Then WVA has 250 from Elkins back to Staunton. 220 is lots of fun. Hell it's all good lets go riding....I'm always up for some air in my lungs. Just as long as there is no snow, ice, salt/sand and it helps if it's above 35 degrees. Zipper on my leathers tend to ice over .. :(
When I retire I'm going to move to where I can ride all year...like TX, FLA., GA, AZ some dang place thats warm. Only 13 years, 187 days and 5 1/2 hours to go!
:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ive ridden WvA, Va, and PA

WVA is definatly the twistiest state from those. I cant even imagine someone saying that VA is twistier than WVA.

The skyline drive is not a hardcore twisty road, its a good beginner twisty road.

Ricardo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts