Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a girl I ride with got in a wreck last Friday because somebody didn't see her...I went out today and went reflective-shit crazy. Helmet's got reflective tape on it, got a vest, and these kool little armband/legband thingies. I hope this helps...we should all think about this kind of stuff. If somebody sees you and thinks you look like a jackass, then they saw you.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All that shiny blue shit is reflective tape, actually vinyl from a sign shop. Think this will help? It's on the front, too...

Jared

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
LOL!

Not bad ideas at all, especially if something does happen, the cager cant readily claim 'they didnt see you" without looking like a complete idiot themselves.

Personally, I'd rather be a "seen jackass" (which is normal for me anyways ;) ), then an unseen dead jackass ;)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Tapeworks.com has tape that is CLEAR until it reflects at night. They sell "rim" stripe which makes yours rims look like halos at night.
Also, someone makes a real helmet "halo". Its about an inch and a half of extremely reflective tape for the bottom lip of your helmet. I have seen them at night and I can't say I didn't see those jackasses:D

·
Registered
212 Posts
Jay-C said:
After a girl I ride with got in a wreck last Friday because somebody didn't see her...I went out today and went reflective-shit crazy. Helmet's got reflective tape on it, got a vest, and these kool little armband/legband thingies. I hope this helps...we should all think about this kind of stuff. If somebody sees you and thinks you look like a jackass, then they saw you.
Sorry to hear your "Girl" that you ride with had a wreck. I ride a r6 with double head lights, and I get "high beamed" all the time telling me to put my bike on low beams. I rode home late on a saturday night, had to lock them up. Some idiot pulled right out in front of me. I don't believe in this "don't see me crap" to much. People just don't give a damn about motorcycle riders. Well, I know this person saw me cuz she stopped in the middle of the road. I know if I hit the person or the person hit, me I know exactly what they would have said "I didn't see him" To me it is [email protected]#$, they see us, I see motorcycle riders all the time and watch out. Police officers need to stop letting people use this as a excuse the run over bike riders. :angry:

Another thing that might help riders is, don't ride late at night ( alcoholic drinkers, idiots that want to get home in a hurry, etc.) I tend NOT to ride on friday and saturday nights because in my town the "idiots" are always out.;) :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
That was a good idea dog. The Marine Corps makes it manditory for us riders to wear the vest when riding around on base.

·
Registered
517 Posts
GIX said:
That was a good idea dog. The Marine Corps makes it manditory for us riders to wear the vest when riding around on base.
Yeah, I have to wear one on base, too. I hate it. I don't think they do a damn thing, in daylight anyway, besides messin' up my color coordination. Word, yo!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Re: Re: Went reflector-crazy today...

richardr6 said:
...I don't believe in this "don't see me crap" to much. People just don't give a damn about motorcycle riders...
Are you suggesting that car drivers would rather hit a motorcyclist than not? Just wondering...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts