Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On sunday Rossco929 and I headed for the twisties, Only one of us rode home ....

We were having a fun spirited ride, through a nice twisty road.. I can't really remeber the events that caused the crash... I remember a left handed turn, I braked late , Still ok, I take the turn 1/2 way through the turn I start to lowside, I straitened the bike up and by this time I started into the shoulder .. I tried to pull off the shoulder but I ended up highsiding into the dirt ...I think I took a bad line , lost my rear tire on the edge of the road and game over .. I slid parallel to the road , There was about 5 feet between the road and the guardrail, I stayed between the road and the guardrail and managed to end up pretty close to the roads edge.. I was almost out of the turn when I went down , Almost made it... Oh and just for the record .. A Honda CBR929 is faster than a Ninja 600R :D..

The bike is totaled I bent the rim and the swingarm , maybe I did hit the gaurdrail ?

I just want to thank Ross again, Thanks for helping me out bro.. I hope you didn't freeze your ass off on the way home ? I owe you a beer man ..

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Hey bro, glad to hear that you're alright. I know how highsiding can hurt a person, and you're really fortunate to be alright. Don't highsides suck!!! ;)

Anyway, what are you gonna do from here? You gonna get on another machine right away, or waht? Just curious, 'cause if you are gonna be looking for another bike, let me know. I know a few guys who are selling theirs.

Later bro. ...and again, glad you're alright

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Hey Adam, sorry to hear about that bro. Glad you're OK, and thanks for setting the record straight :p .

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Adam, bro, That sux!! So sorry to hear it man. I'm just quite glad that you are OK. So does this mean that you are going to buy an R1, cos you know they are faster than the 929?? :D

Again, Glad you are OK!! Sorry to hear about your get off. :(

Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Adam, I guess that means that you are gonna change your username now, seeing as how you are no longer just a "wannabe". :D Just kidding! That was tasteless, but from one tasteless fool to another, I know you can handle it. ;)

Seriously, I'm sorry to hear about the mishap, but glad that you are O.K. (you didn't mention any injuries, so I'm assuming that you are O.K., right?).

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Sorry to hear it Adam. Glad you are okay. A nice V-twin will help you with the late breaking stuff(ie, RC 51). ;) Don't worry, it is very common for Kawis to let you down when chasing a Honda. :D Just kidding of course.

Take care of yourself and keep us informed of your bike plans. :)

·
Registered
873 Posts
Yikes

How fast were you going, and WHY were you trying to keep up with a 929??!!??

I am very glad you are ok, but perhaps now youll learn something, see thats the best thing about an accident (non fatal, at least) you can usually learn something. Were you wearing a jacket? gloves?
Oh, and Adam, please do us all a favor and stay GREEN!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Re: Yikes

GreenNinja said:

Words of true wisdow from the Greenie weenie :D

·
Registered
873 Posts
Re: Re: Yikes

RUG BURN said:
GreenNinja said:

Words of true wisdow from the Greenie weenie :D
Greenie Weenie eh? Well, if you wanna take this personal ill play that game. But id rather not. Just let me know, ive got a slew of slams ive been waiting to try out.

:D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sorry to hear about your little mishap man. I'm glad you are ok. I guess now isn't the time for Poser jokes since your probably in a bad mood so I'll keep 'em to myself.

You did say you bike is totalled right? Could it be time for that ZX7R??? :D

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hey Adam, so the swingarm IS bent? Total bummer. Yeah the ride home was pretty chilly, but I survived.

:confused:Chris, the R1 faster than the 929? NOT! 929s do faster quarters, top speed, and zero to sixty in most bike mags. In the real world, a drag race will go to the better rider, but the corners belong to the 929. The only place the R1 is faster is going back in to the pits, or back to the dealer to be fixed ;).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I won't get a new bike this year .. There's only a month left in the season, I will save up for a new bike though.

I was riding a little fast, But hey Im a squid! Of course I wasn't wearing any gear .. That stuff is heavy ! Slows you down! .. I did suffer a nice hit to the head though , My head is still kinda spinning today , Guess that helmet is finished now... Im super stiff , could barely move this morning , I pulled something in my back too ..

I dunno what I 'll get next year ... Maybe one of those new airbags :D ...

That 929 was way faster in the turns but I pulled WAY ahead of him in the straits! ;)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Adam bro,

Maybe if you had a Katana then you would not have gotten into the predicament that you did get into. :D

Hope everything works out for you,

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Squid:

Really sorry to hear about your accident...glad to hear tho' that u are OK!!:)
What with the weather turning against riding I guess you will have time to ponder your choice of rides to replace the now R.I.P. machine.;):)Keep us informed on how your replacement scheme goes!!!

JIM

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
"... Im super stiff , I pulled something in my back too .."

Squid, what were you doing again...??? :rolleyes: Too bad you doll wasn't riding with you---could have cushioned you fall :D

GNinja--Relax bro, I was just messing with you.--Peace

·
Registered
192 Posts
Adam, I am just gald you are all right. We have lost too many good people this year and I am glad you aren't among them. It stinks that you went down, but you can always get a new bike. Getting a new you isn't as easy...;) Anyway, take it easy, enjoy the winter thinking about a new bike and shopping for one. Oh and do get another good helmet. Yours did its job and now let it rest in peace...

·
Registered
741 Posts
bummer...

oh man, that does suck! I, too, am glad you're ok... I knock on wood knowing it hasn't happened to me yet!! Did you have full coverage on the bike? I hope you stay green too!! ;) Good luck man and work on healin' those wounds!

·
Registered
468 Posts
You guys aren't half as glad as I am that adam is OK. The sight of him on his feet when I got back to the scene, was the sweetest sight I can remember seeing. I was really afraid of finding him wrapped around a telephone pole. Hey Adam, I told you it was gonna hurt more today than yesterday. It always does ;). Are you sure that your bike is not worth fixing? A swing arm and a rear rim don't even come close to the value of the bike.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Parts

If need be i can check out used parts here in Phoenix, there is a HUGE Used Bike yard parts here, literally acres of old bikes, sportbikes, everything. Find out what needs replacing (plastics too!) and i can check out prices. Shipping on a Wheel is only about $40.00 or less, and about the same for a swingarm.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts