Sportbike World banner

Well I did it....

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  RSVRick 
#1 ·
I bought a 2004 BoxerCup Replika (non-ABS). I've only taken it out once as I'm waiting to get the graphics kit installed on the belly pan and need to sell the Ducati to free up some space in the garage (god bless her, she will be missed !.

Managed to get BMW of Manhattan to throw in the $300 tank bank specifically made for the bike but no negociation on the bike price at all ! :mad:

Oh well, bring on the warmer weather !

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Sweet looking bike..good luck with it. I just sold my R1100S in May. I had a Silver/yellow combo. Whatcha selling the duck for? 748 right?

#3 ·
Yeah, 2000 Yellow 748 mono... just managed to sell it for $7300 which is only $200 less than I bought it for in March of this year.

I wish I could have kept the Duc but I only have space for one bike (keep it off-site) and after 300miles worth of riding, my wrists are well and truly shagged !

Thought about getting the clip-ons but at the end of the day, it made more sense (god help me for using that word) to get the Beamer... and besides, it's still got underseat pipes and a single-sided swing arm !

#4 ·
...just don't expect the performance of the 748 and you'll be ok. The handling takes some getting used to...and the switchgear and horn placement used to drive me bonkers...but that's with jumping between bikes. It was my two-up and longer distance bike, and for that it was fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.