Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Administrator
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey folks!

As you can see, we've made some changes to SportbikeWorld. We've got a bright new skin, a redesigned home page, and a lot of other features.

We are also introducing two types of paid membership packages that offer bonuses that are not available to regular free members. Premium and Lifetime Premium members will have access to more features including the new private VIP lounge.

I’ve also added a number of new advertising placements on the site. These ads generate revenue. However, users can "opt-out" of seeing them by upgrading to a Premium or Lifetime Premium membership. Premium members see supporting sponsor ads only, and will receive other perks such as increased private message space and access to the VIP forum. If you dislike advertising, I hope that you will seriously consider our Premium membership program.

For those of you who do not sign-up for Premium membership, please make sure you are logged in as a registered user. Considering your feedback I’ve configured the site so that registered users see fewer ads than guests.

Here is a run-down of some of the other changes:

1) New Skin – The new skin is brighter and better organized.

2) Home page - We have redone the home page. Features include News from Motorcycle.com among other authoritative sources!

3) SportbikeWorld Bike of the Month contest - Post some pictures about your bike and tell us a little bit about it and it could be voted the SportbikeWorld Bike of the Month! Please click here to enter!

4) Intellitxt> – I’ve added some new contextual ads which result in a some words turning 'green' with an underline. These ads are being run on a test-basis. If you do not like these ads, members can turn them off in their UserCP. Simply go to your UserCP and check the box "Disable Intellitxt ads" in: “Edit Profile”. Premium members do not see these ads.

5) Left hand column - I have added a left-hand column to display site sponsor ads. These ads should be relevant to the forum, and are companies who help support the site (with their knowledge, special offers, and money). They are here because they value your business and want to support this community.

If you cannot stand the left column, for your convenience, Premium and Lifetime Premium members can turn-off the left-column in your User CP. Simply check the "Disable Left Sidebar" box.

6) Private Message boxes - The size of the PM box has been changed to 50 messages for regular members. If you already had over 100 messages, we have made an exception for you and you will be allowed up to 200 messages. If you find that your message box is overflowing, fear not. Your PMs have not been lost. You can still export them into a number of different formats by clicking on the XML, CSV or TXT links located under your PM box. Premium and Lifetime Premium members can have up to 500 messags.

7) Avatars - Premium and Lifetime Premium members can have larger avatars, up to 144 x 168 pixels.

Along with the moderators, I’ve worked very hard to try and address your requests and concerns. The forum staff especially deserve recognition for their continuing dedication to this community and the sheer enthusiasm for sportsbikes that defines SportbikeWorld.

On behalf of The entire community team at SportbikeWorld hope you enjoy (and appreciate!) the changes made. Hopefully you will find the new features useful and fun! If you find any bugs or problems, please report them in the support forum.

Myself and the moderators will do our best to answer any questions or suggestions you may have as quickly as possible.

Please discuss the changes in this thread.

·
Administrator
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad you like it!

I'll be around to answer questions and get suggestions, so feel free to fire away.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Wow, nice job sportbikes, looks really nice! Its like a whole different site! Although it dosnt quite feel like 'home' yet, im sure we'll get used to such a big change. I also love the fact that the login is at the top of the page now :D Keep up the good work mate.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
I was wondering if an upgrade was coming eventually. Two things I'd like to ask for. First, can the non-bike classified be moved into the For Sale section? I'm VERY grateful for classfieds :love:

Second, is there an easy way for me to make it back to the sportbikes homepage? I actually did use that and found it easy to get to but haven't discovered how to easily arrive there.

Ooo, premium. I'll have to look at that if for no other reason than to support the site.

EDIT: Dude! You guys bought the motorcycle.com domain?! Sweet.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Ditto. Too loud.
Me too. I liked the old color scheme better. We've apparently lost the titles under our avatars. Is that a premium feature or did I just not find it yet?

·
Administrator
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was wondering if an upgrade was coming eventually. Two things I'd like to ask for. First, can the non-bike classified be moved into the For Sale section? I'm VERY grateful for classfieds :love:

Second, is there an easy way for me to make it back to the sportbikes homepage? I actually did use that and found it easy to get to but haven't discovered how to easily arrive there.

Ooo, premium. I'll have to look at that if for no other reason than to support the site.

EDIT: Dude! You guys bought the motorcycle.com domain?! Sweet.
I think moving the non-bike classifieds into the classfieds section is a good idea. We'll also look at other ways to better organize the forum listing, so if you have more ideas, we'd appreciate the input.

Me too. I liked the old color scheme better. We've apparently lost the titles under our avatars. Is that a premium feature or did I just not find it yet?
Do you mean the words under your avatars or an image tag?

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
I think moving the non-bike classifieds into the classfieds section is a good idea. We'll also look at other ways to better organize the forum listing, so if you have more ideas, we'd appreciate the input.

The line just beneath our avatars... The first thing I did this morning was try to change that from "registered user" to a custom (brilliant) phrase, but couldn't. :(

·
Registered
658 Posts

Words under the avatar. Everyone now says "registered user," and I didn't see any place to change it in user CP.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Seriously, I'm getting a f*cking headache. In fact, I think I feel a seizure coming on.
:wtf:
I have the opposite thought. The old site's header was waaaay too loud for me and this one's far simpler. I do recognize there are a LOT more links on pages now, which can be daunting. But there are several other sportbike sites on exactly this same software so perhaps I've become neutered to the effect.

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
I'm kind of with slaintedan, vash, and mkeeney. It's certainly going to take some getting used to. I just got so used to *sniff* the old site that *sniff* it became second nature :crying:

But on the other hand, change is inevitable, so I guess I'll suck it up and learn to deal with it. But that doesn't mean I have to like it.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
I have the opposite thought. The old site's header was waaaay too loud for me and this one's far simpler. I do recognize there are a LOT more links on pages now, which can be daunting. But there are several other sportbike sites on exactly this same software so perhaps I've become neutered to the effect.
Is this vBulletin software?

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Is this vBulletin software?
Yes, that was what it was once called. They appear to have changed their name, or at least their domain name. Buyout, reorg, who knows :dunno:

1 - 20 of 86 Posts