Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Come on who actually follows the speed limit. On the highway at least 10-15 over or do you want to go even faster. It would be nice to plug along at 90 and have relatively little worry about being pulled over. And on a bike... under 100 means your out for a sunday cruise

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
bubba_d_duck said:
i heard on the raidio friday that hilary clinton is trying to get the speed limit lowered to 55 to save on gass. :finger:
that's HILARYous! As if they need to FORCE folks to slow down to save gas :p just cuz the sign says 65 or 70 don't mean ya gotta do it... you're free to go in the slow lane and putz at 55 to save gas :laughing:

E.
can't believe she ain't been shot yet :rolleyes:

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'd just be happy if they would let the truck drive more than 55mph so you don't have to slow down 15mph every 5 min while one passes another.

Or maybe finish some road construction they have started all over the place and never finish.

Or maybe make the main road between Chicago and Detroit 3 lanes all the way instead of droping it down to 2 for most of it.

Truth be told we have way to much traffic to have a 80 mph speed limit in most of Michigan. The only roads they changed in Texas are way out in the middle of no where.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
HRC NICK 11 said:
I'd just be happy if they would let the truck drive more than 55mph so you don't have to slow down 15mph every 5 min while one passes another...
Our trucks are speed limited to 100mk/h (just over 60mph). Was done for safety reasons. I don't see anything wrong with it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
You live in Europe where people know how to drive.

Our trucks will get in the fast lane of a 2 lane road where we can drive 70 in a car and drive side by side for about 20 miles cause it take them that long to pass each other.

I loved driving in Germany people just get out of the way when your on the autobahn, not to mention the roads are like glass.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts