Sportbike World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being that we live in a democracy and 65% of the USA saw a correlation in the terrorist of 9/11 and Saddam Hussein. The blame has to fall on them all of it. If we weren't so easily willing to go to war for speculation and flawed politically motivated intel we would still be a respected country that kept in its pockets the best allies in the world. Every country in the world not all the politicians but the people of the world despise us and what we have done in Iraq. The abuse of the Iraqi prisoners is just icing on the cake but to blame the soldiers is wrong when you are at war and you are a soldier their is always someone watching what you are doing its not that simple to say hey this Sergeant and sodliers did it. Alot of people will go down for this one, but the real thing is that if you were in Iraq you better hope that you don't get captured because the Iraqs will not be as nice. But thats war it looks bad, but what did everyone expect? The Iraqi people to great a western christian army with roses after we bombed the living shit out of them for over 10 years. I don't know what is going on in the minds of these fellow Americans but it sure is scary. Now we are putting Saddam Hussein's x-generals in charge WTF people. We can't even take care of our own country how the hell are we supposed to run another country with the smallest army that we have ever deployed to a war zone. Everything that our fathers have worked for during and after the world wars could be lost due to this shit. Thank you!(if you supported this war):finger:

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I don't thing 65% of the public would have thought there was this correlation if the president wouldn't have told them over and over again that there was.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: We can't blame the President!

Tippmann said:
I don't thing 65% of the public would have thought there was this correlation if the president wouldn't have told them over and over again that there was.
So you are saying the country is composed of 65% lemmings:D

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Re: Re: Re: We can't blame the President!

falconeight said:
So you are saying the country is composed of 65% lemmings:D
I agree with Tippy. I watched every minute of Colin Powell's presentation to the UN. Not one shred of it was fact, but at the time it was presented that way, and it caused me to get off the "fence" and support the attack. The likely cause (IMHO, only) of intelligence blunders here is that the President didn't believe you needed corroborated intelligence evidence to invade a country.

I, and I believe the vast majority of Americans, do. He screwed up, and I, for one, don't think he's learned anything from it.

I don't support the war or Saddam's expulsion, in retrospect. I do support our troops who have to carry the burden of political incompetence.

In a nutshell, "the buck stop there" is the right phrase. He started this, based on unconfirmed evidence, and now unproven evidence, and amazingly he's not paying a price. So, yeah, Americans are lemmings. They want the 3 second version, with no interest in whether that's enough information or not.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
You guys realize bush is going to be president for another 4 years right.:(

·
Registered
582 Posts
Falconeight,
I think you're just angry cause you signed up hoping to get a free college education , and unfortunately entered the "eat a bullet lottery". I wished I could've served. :-( I find it disgraceful , that a service"person" (man would be too strong of a word) could hold your views. There's a lot of places that many Americans felt that we shouldn't have been. Korea ,Vietnam, Granada j/k .Should we not have liberated the Jews in WWII? What was in it for us??
BTW, anyone with a brain larger than a pea, KNOWS the WMD's and crap were moved into Syria before the war... Jimmy G

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Tippmann said:
You guys realize bush is going to be president for another 4 years right.:(
I have a feeling you're right. I am still undecided as to who I will vote for. If
this thread is any indication though, GW will be around for 4 more.

I'm not trying to start anything but I want to share an observation I've noticed on here lately. With a number of political threads popping up in the recent months, I've noticed a very vocal anti-Bush crowd on here. Yet for some reason in the poll he is way ahead. I have my theory about this, but would like to see what others had to say.

Perhaps we should start another poll narrowing the choices down to just Bush and Kerry since those are the only two now? I don't know if this will change the numbers or not though. I actually voted for Dad in that poll, and if I had to choose right here and now I'd say Bush. We'll see come November though as I do like some of the things Kerry has to say as well.

Anyway, any thoughts about my above observation on there being so much anti-Bush talk but yet he is far ahead of the others in the poll?

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
jimmyjr said:
Falconeight,
I think you're just angry cause you signed up hoping to get a free college education , and unfortunately entered the "eat a bullet lottery". I wished I could've served. :-( I find it disgraceful , that a service"person" (man would be too strong of a word) could hold your views. There's a lot of places that many Americans felt that we shouldn't have been. Korea ,Vietnam, Granada j/k .Should we not have liberated the Jews in WWII? What was in it for us??
BTW, anyone with a brain larger than a pea, KNOWS the WMD's and crap were moved into Syria before the war... Jimmy G
Before there are any more replies like this, on either side of the issue, let me warn everyone to keep this civil. This is the only warning we're getting. We've had some good political threads here, so let's keep with that trend and not turn this into a thread bashing each other.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Even if Bush was a total moron, I STILL wouldn't vote for Kerry. He's SOOO full of crap....He came thru PA a month ago and promised to make a million new jobs....My questions is ...Out of what???very Clintonesque in his promises. Tell the people exactly what they want to hear....Besides, we can't have anyone who looks like Herman Munster running the country....I'll take Curious george over Herman Munster ANY DAY!!!!

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
spicersh said:
Perhaps we should start another poll narrowing the choices down to just Bush and Kerry since those are the only two now?
To me, the reason Kerry's doing so poorly is he appears to be an extremist of the left variety. Bush is an extremist of the right variety. If the Demo's had any brains, they'd have selected someone more middle of the road, but they didn't, and now they'll lose.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
jimmyjr said:
Falconeight,
I think you're just angry cause you signed up hoping to get a free college education , and unfortunately entered the "eat a bullet lottery".
I think your just ignorant about the situation. He's an american. The fact that he is in the military has nothing to do with how he sould feel or how he should express his opinion. It's the same thing with kerry now, people are pissed at him because he protested the war. What right do you have to express your opinions and lot let falcon express his:2cents:

·
Registered
582 Posts
Just for friendly banter....what situation am I ignorant about????
Everyone has the right to their own opinion, it's just "unprofessional" coming form an enlisted man...that's all.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok wow. Someone always has to attack the person and not the subject and thats the problem with some people especially on these forums. Yes i am enlisted and have been in for over 11 years and I am a very proffesional soldier and to say that I serve for the college money is funny to me since I could of gotten out 9 years ago. At work most support Bush but some support Kerry either way people have their views and we do discuss politics at work and its not wrong to disagree with policy. What do you think was being said in the military when Clinton was in office? I am not a democrat or a republican but I do watch the news and what the politicians do effects me personaly not what I see on TV happening to someone else but me personally so we in the military do take it to heart. And for someone to bash Kerry for changing his mind is wrong. Why in the hell would you want someone that when shown new evidence about a situation to not change his mind, the world changes and we need to change with it. Yes and Vietnam, Korea were wrong what the hell did we achieve? If you know let me know it would be mind blowing to me. Oh I know alot of oriental wives.

Falconeight,
I could get banned again for what I want to say to you but I will be cool and keep it to myself. I wish I could of served isn't that a bush line?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Someone needs to put up a who will you vote for on another site to see what happens? Like sportbikes.com

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
jimmyjr said:
Even if Bush was a total moron, I STILL wouldn't vote for Kerry. He's SOOO full of crap....He came thru PA a month ago and promised to make a million new jobs....My questions is ...Out of what???very Clintonesque in his promises. Tell the people exactly what they want to hear....Besides, we can't have anyone who looks like Herman Munster running the country....I'll take Curious george over Herman Munster ANY DAY!!!!
:confused:
Very Foxesque.:thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts