Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I couldn't resist. I'm not an extreme "righty" or "lefty," more of a moderate, but this had to be the closest race I've seen in a while! Both canidates had their strong points, and both had their downfalls. So I raise my Michelob Light to Mr. Bush and say, "congrats!" It's gonna be a good 4 years! =D

CBRbUrR

·
Registered
873 Posts
Not so fast..

Looks like its back to a toss up.. The recount will determine the winner. the vote in Florida is a mere 1,200 votes in favor of Bush with only absentee ballots and military/overseas ballots from Florida left uncounted.

Its now 2:30am AZ time... I need SLEEP!!!!

·
Registered
503 Posts
im surprised every1 here isnt for bush.. if gore comes in & starts getting rid of v8 engines & all that jazz it will start the count down to no more 150+mph sport bikes.. the fastest thing on 2 wheels would eventually be that battery powered rocket scooter that has a 0-60 time of never becuase it wont go faster than 30.

·
Registered
178 Posts
SpeedPhreak said:
im surprised every1 here isnt for bush.. if gore comes in & starts getting rid of v8 engines & all that jazz it will start the count down to no more 150+mph sport bikes.. the fastest thing on 2 wheels would eventually be that battery powered rocket scooter that has a 0-60 time of never becuase it wont go faster than 30.

I'm guessing that you don't hold much hope for science finding an alternative for gasoline. I myself hope to god we do find an alternative source for powering cars and motorcycles. I believe the future of earth is slightly more important than me than going 150 on 2 wheels. Big oil has enough politicians, now with Bush, not only is the oil companies in his pocket, the oil companies fisting him.

Rock on
Ride on

Fizzman

·
Registered
873 Posts
As everyone knows, im for Bush, but im not gonna toot horns until the fat lady sings. If Gore wins thats that. Im thinking its Bush though.

We'll see.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
it looks like the electoral college'll likely pick bush and gore wins the popular vote (i say likely since the military traditionally vote republican and it's mainly overseas votes that are the question mark here). strange how things go the exact opposite of what you think sometimes (i thought if gore won he'd do it without the popular vote).

anyway, this election shows that the electoral college needs to go. no matter which way it goes bush or gore. and yes i'll feel the same way if after the re-count gore somehow loses the popular vote but wins the race.

[Edited by cbrf2boy on 11-08-2000 at 05:42 AM]

·
Squid
2019 Ducati Monster 1200s
813 Posts
I'm sure there are alternatives out there sitting on a patent shelf collecting dust because there to effective for anyone to make off of the energy source.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Looks like Bush is gonna squeak by in Oregon, thanks to Ralph Nader, and that would put Bush easily over the top in popular votes, nationwide. But that is without Florida. Whoever gets Florida will win both Popular Vote and Electoral Vote.

But still, i think everyone is in agreement that the Electoral College system of Presidential elections is long overdue to be thrown out. There has got to be a better system.

·
Squid
813 Posts
They need to come up with a better way to count votes.
You register to vote when you get your drivers license so I think they should have some type of scanner you slide your DL through and just push a button for wich canidate and the votes are locked in and counted instantly. Makes sence to me.

·
Squid
813 Posts
o.k. well when your 18. At least that how Florida does it, go figure, they happen to be the problem child :D

[Edited by jk6672 on 11-08-2000 at 08:57 AM]

·
Registered
96 Posts
Big oil has enough politicians, now with Bush, not only is the oil companies in his pocket, the oil companies fisting him.

It never fails to amaze me how people never seem to remember Goron's huge stake in Occidental Oil...

·
Registered
873 Posts
I couldnt get back into SBW to edit my post, but in actuality, its looking like Gore gets popular vote and Bush will win with electoral votes if he wins florida.

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Now perhaps I'm out of my mind, I'm not here to debate that, but wouldn't it make sense to just setup a toll free number in each state. Enter your zip code and vote via the phone? I mean if I can file my taxes over the phone or online, shouldn't we be able to vote that way?? Most pay phones allow toll free numbers to be dialed. This way you could elliminate the Electorial College and have the popular vote counted in real time. When the voting is done you know who's president. None of the recounting bullshit - What the hell is that all about anyway, something very nebulus about this whole thing.

Hey just my 2 'sense'.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
actually this would be much more fair to the western states. when was the last presidential election that the people of ca, or, wa, az, etc. didn't know the president prior to their poles closing.

in the popular vote, dole didn't do bad against clinton, neither did bush, hell even mondale-reagan wasn't the blow up it was in the college.

anyway, bush supporters, congrats, as i'm sure you're guy will be president.

G

·
cbrf2boy said:

anyway, bush supporters, congrats, as i'm sure you're guy will be president.
Tony, even though you don't yet see it, you'll be better off for it. HaHa, just a fun jab at ya; I ain't counting my chickens just yet!

·
Registered
503 Posts
i more out of my mind than chris.. ive had a thought for the last 2 or 3 years now.. with the advent of the internet why dont we just vote online? i mean we as citizens could vote on every little thing.. practically eliminating congress & the house. now of course that wont happen n e time soon.. i mean those people gotta get the big money & then there is the security/authenticity factor if voting on the internet.. but its an idea.

ne way.. as far as alternative fuels & such.. im all for it.. more than u may think. 1 company i have a great deal of interest in is geet.. http://www.geet.com

they designed a device that is fitted to your carb, manifold, & exhaust & turns regular fuel (as well as many other liquids.. once operating temp has been reached.. ie moutain dew, used oil, & water) into plasma.. the end result is an internal combustion, carberated engine that is incredibaly efficent.. vw bug motors can get over 100mpg the companies v8 suburban gets over 40mpg & an old duster w/a 340 (?) gets 92mpg & an increase in hp.

then there is natural gas.. this stuff is awesome. at one time i wanted to retro fit my old nova to run on it... to much work though.

then there is this one company that has a motor that powered a van across country using recycled oil from fast food restraunts.

i am into alternative fuels big time.. i think its the only answer.. however.. why make classic muscle illegal to own & drive? why make it illegal to go 4 wheeling or trail riding?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts