• when the other rider(s) wave first

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi All-

I'm friendly and wave to everyone on two wheels including motorcycles, scooters, mopeds, and bicycles.

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
yeah, was just about to say, need to add scooters in there. I don't wave to them, since they, most of the time, are driving on sidewalks.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Anyone brave enough to face the cages with me is well deserving of a wave. I even wave to bicyclists on ocasion, they tend to ride on the road were I live. I'm curious though as to were the wave started, and do different areas wave differently. When I'm riding in northern FL people tend to wave full fingered and at level with the bars, but around here its a two or three fingered wave down low along side the fairings. Anyone else notice this?

Sepias

·
Registered
746 Posts
Sportbikes only. Cruisers if they wave first or I know them. Sorry, don't wave to kids, mopeds, bicycles, or dumbass Squids with no shirts on, ect. More of a stare with a little head shake to say "your a dip-shit" than anything. The bird has come out to cages and all of the above too. Not prejudice on giving that out to deserving people.:finger:

:thumb:

-M-

·
Registered
515 Posts
I'll wave to both, though more often to sportbike riders as some cruisers (namely harley riders) don't wave back. I'll also wave at kids in cars if they stare, call me simple but it amuses me.

and if you're well deserving, I give the noob wave advanced shown here: bike hand signals :D

·
Registered
447 Posts
i wave to both sport or cruiser not many scooters or moped out here in the country.

·
Registered
295 Posts
SepiasSoul said:
Anyone brave enough to face the cages with me is well deserving of a wave. I even wave to bicyclists on ocasion, they tend to ride on the road were I live. I'm curious though as to were the wave started, and do different areas wave differently. When I'm riding in northern FL people tend to wave full fingered and at level with the bars, but around here its a two or three fingered wave down low along side the fairings. Anyone else notice this?

Sepias
i live in north florida and 95% do the to the side couple fingers out by the fairings wave. thats what i always do as well

and i wave to everyone but it seems that 7/10 cruisers wont wave back :( and then its like awkward... cuz im in traffic and im putting my goods out there hahahah

·
Registered
233 Posts
SkinnyJ said:
i live in north florida and 95% do the to the side couple fingers out by the fairings wave. thats what i always do as well

and i wave to everyone but it seems that 7/10 cruisers wont wave back :( and then its like awkward... cuz im in traffic and im putting my goods out there hahahah
I always wave about 2 seconds before we pass, that way I give them plenty of time to wave back, and there wont be that whole should I wave first, or should he. If they dont wave back I put my hand up high after we pass for like 5 seconds, just to show them up.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Around here I find that cruiser will wave just as often as fellow SBers, ofcorse we all share a bike night just up the road and well all get along together pretty well. There is no real devision between the two groups here.

Sepias

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Lost Nomad said:
I'll wave to both, though more often to sportbike riders as some cruisers (namely harley riders) don't wave back. I'll also wave at kids in cars if they stare, call me simple but it amuses me.

and if you're well deserving, I give the noob wave advanced shown here: bike hand signals :D
Great video! Pretty damn funny. Atleast I've avoided the noob wave all this time :D

Sepias

·
Registered
100 Posts
I wave to all bikes, I find that more cruisers wave than sportbikes,
then again I ride a standard so it maybe sportbikers are to cool to wave to us:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I wave to everyone using the two finger low wave. I wave back to little kids as they seem to enjoy sportbikes. I also wave to crusiers/HD just to see if I can make them wave back knowing they don't want to. Just to amuse myself.

·
Registered
90 Posts
when at stop sign or red light i will nod at all motorcycle riders.i would say when riding 9 out of 10 sportsbike riders will wave at me. 3 out of 10 harley riders will wave back.but i do have to admit when on the highway going the same direction as a harley rider, i make it a point when i pass them it is with such powerful burst of speed just to re-mind them what M.C. HAMMER said in a song........ya can't touch this !!!! hehehehehe... bulldogboogers:thumb:

·
Registered
295 Posts
SepiasSoul said:

Sepias
well after reading this i thought i would monitor everyones hand signals better, i took a nice ride today and yea i would say quite a few people do the up high wave, i guess i didnt notice but now looking more closely prolly 5/10 do it

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
I acknowledge all bikers with an angled nod.

As an aside, I'll wave to any and all cage drivers who do the right thing by me by:

• Moving over in their lane to give me better vision, so I can pass them.
  • Moving over to the shoulder to let me pass in their lane. Very handy when there's traffic coming the other way, so you don't have to lane split.
  • Waiting at an intersection for me to pass.
I consider it fostering good relationships with cage drivers by letting them know I appreciate the fact that they've seen me and shown kindness.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts