The North Cascades Highway.
Chuk-A-Nut Drive
Highway 101: the Olympic Penninsula Loop
Hurricane Ridge

:)JIM

·
Registered
517 Posts
The 101 loop on the Olympic Peninsula is great on a weekday. Weekends (especially summer) suck with traffic.

One of the best rides I've found has been from Port Angeles to Neah Bay. I think it's Hwy 109 or maybe 108.

Seattle area folks - let's get together this summer.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Here's another...

I recommend a stretch of road that's about 16 miles long.

Highway 101 between South Bend and Long Beach, after crossing the Nemah River. I don't know the condition of the road now, but a few years ago, it was incredible. Perfectly banked turns, good pavement, definitely one of my all-time favorites.

The added bonus was I had an Uncle who was a Pacific County Sheriff!;)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
scotty said:
The 101 loop on the Olympic Peninsula is great on a weekday. Weekends (especially summer) suck with traffic.

One of the best rides I've found has been from Port Angeles to Neah Bay. I think it's Hwy 109 or maybe 108.

Seattle area folks - let's get together this summer.
Scotty:
yeah,I rode that one several years ago.It was a cool ride.Part of the road was fogged up and that added an extra touch to the ride!!:)

JIM

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
local rides

I heard that last year some of the areas around 101 were washed out when the storms shot through there. I hope the roads are ok. My bud and I are planning a ride down it when the sun hits for the summer. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts