Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to know...what's the right way to warm up tires? I only know 2 experienced riders..they both told me two different things..one says weave and the other told me not to weave..

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
For street or track? Simply driving on them warms them up and either method will work. I doubt there is a "right" way. Are you really asking what the fastest way to warm them up is? If at the strip, then the burnout to get the rocks off the rear certainly warms it up :D

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
I think it's a personal choice really. If I am meeting up for a group ride, and I know I will be riding a while before meeting them, then I let the tired come up to temp by themselves. If I am in a hurry, I weave, BUT make sure you weave cautiously. I have found some spots near my house where if I weave the loose gravel will slide the ass end end. :2cents:

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
If I'm just riding somewhere, I let the tyres come up to temp on their own. If I'm on a group ride and am coming up to twisties on what I know are cold tyres, I weave to get the edges warmer.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yea either way works but I tend to weave to clean/scrub off the debris on the tires.

Another way not mentioned is with a heat gun :rolleyes:

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Another way not mentioned is with a heat gun :rolleyes:
I heard somewhere that method isn't as effective if you've Armor All'd your tires. Is that true? :twofinger

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Keith Code wrote a great article on this subject. It's like Myths and Facts of warming up tires. I posted a link on another forum a few months back. Lemme go find it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts