Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else find their seat on their 2001 CBR600F4i gets very warm after riding for a while.

Mine does. Is there anything that can de done to stop the seat from getting so hot.

Any feedback welcome

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yes, mine gets very toasty. I pulled the seat off and put several strips of stick on pipe insulation on the bottom of the seat with the foil side to the bike. It helped a lot and only cost about $1.50.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Yep, what strada said. Hope it helps.

I recommend you ride a 748/916/955/996 "in traffic, on a warm day." It will surely make you appreciate the heat of the F4i. Can you scream, "MY ASS IS ON FIRE!?" :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
I got it at my local hardware store. It is a very common item. It is a wrap on insulation about 2 inches wide, with sticky stuff on one side and foil on the other side. Cost about $1.50 for about 12 feet.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I see you got a F4i instead of the F4 you were asking about. Congrats! Other than the hot/hard seat howzit going? And yes...well no...Corbin tells me that they will be making a seat for the F4i's, but I have not seen it made available yet.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Carvinfool - You're right, I did get the F4i instead...lucky me!!! I'll be picking it up in early July...I can't wait! I haven't ridden it yet, but I've sat on it just about every other day for the past couple weeks (my dealer must think I'm nuts!) and I've noticed that the seat is a little hard and thin. The reviews I've read and other riders I've spoken to have all said that the seat is the bike's only weak point. I was hoping to find a good seat replacement/fix by the time I pick up the bike. If anybody has any ideas or has seen anything on the market please let me know!

Ride Safe
-Irish Rocket
a.k.a. Speedy O'Gonzalez

·
Registered
193 Posts
slaintedan said:
I haven't ridden it yet, but I've sat on it just about every other day for the past couple weeks (my dealer must think I'm nuts!)...
Don't worry about what your dealer thinks. If I hadn't ridden mine out the day I bought it (yes...I am bragging:D) I would have been doing the same thing!

·
Registered
85 Posts
ex bf has a brand new f4i, and he would piss and moan about the seat and i'd be just peachy with my 250... he said it gets softer the more he rides (has about 2k miles on it now) but i think its just that his butt is getting harder or number ;) his seat is *still* freakin hard!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts