Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
If your coming on the 4th, amke usre your tires are in good shape. I went through a take off that only had 3 trackdays on it and wore the right side out by 3pm. We had an open track on Saturday so I was on the track a lot, close to 4 hours of track time, so that would cause high wear. Track has nice traction, which is a very nice thing, so tire will wear.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
funksouljon said:
Looks like a good track. Wide run off areas. Is there a good sized lip at the edge of the pavement or is it my imagination?
Hi Jon. It's been a while. I got out there the last two Sundays for my first track days. I ran my 600+ lb. "refrigerator", as my riding buddies so fondly call it, and had a blast. At 60,000 miles it's still chugging along quite nicely! The first day the pavement had only been down a couple of days and the grading around the perimeter was very rough. You didn't want an off track excursion but the track itself was excellent! In the week between they at least got everything graded pretty nicely. At present there are no curbs, but that and other finishing touches are in the works. What's done is very nice and if it is any indicator, we are finally going to have a first class facility near to Pittsburgh! What doesn't show well on the video is the elevation changes. They add some excitement to the ride!

Last Sunday I also got to meet George (GS-500 rider), another fine SBW contributor. He is an instructor with Team Pro-motion who ran the days. Although I don't have experience with other groups, I thought they did a real nice job and kept it fun for everyone! I know it'd be a haul but it would be fun to see you and some of the other guys up here someday! Hey, do you think you and your brother will make the Smackdown this year?

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
funksouljon said:
Looks like a good track. Wide run off areas. Is there a good sized lip at the edge of the pavement or is it my imagination?
from what i heard there is a good sized lip at the edge of the track, it's not completely finished yet. from what i've heard they will have curbing and grass soon...

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Not that I would be able to drive all the way up, but it is nice to see more and more tracks open up. Too bad the newest down hear is so-so. Perhaps Joss can give you his 2 cents.

The curbing and gator teeth. Sweet! :)

Dad, you are right, long time no see. I am in in "training" so I don't have a lot of play time. I don't know about Smackdown. I am starting to look for a new bike, and then possibly if school, money, work, and the girlfriend all come into alignment, I might make a trip up for the Smackdown. It would be nice to do it again. I haven't ridden on the street much since last Smackdown!

·
Registered
227 Posts
They graded up to the edge for the track so there is no more drop off. Run off arear were sill dirt but grass and curbing is do soon, I did not hear about the type of curbing that was going in but it will be better then the dirt that is there today.

Dad, it was great meeting you, just sorry I was too busy to really talk to you, hope you understand.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
RCjohn said:
Looks like I need to plan the next business trip to PA around a TPM trackday. :D
Yeah baby!:D Around Aug. 4th, and again early Sept. Keep an eye on their website. They should be posting them soon or I will when I know for sure. RRDon is close enough, Tristan too. It would be fun to get the whole smackdown crew here! You guys gonna' make it this year? Keep me posted.:thumb:

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Dad said:

Yeah baby!:D Around Aug. 4th, and again early Sept. Keep an eye on their website. They should be posting them soon or I will when I know for sure. RRDon is close enough, Tristan too. It would be fun to get the whole smackdown crew here! You guys gonna' make it this year? Keep me posted.:thumb:
I'm a TPM member so they are sending out notices on the changes in schedules. :cool:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Not sure about Smackdown Dad, depends on how the race season goes. If things go awry at Putnam I'll probably skip the last 2 races and do a couple track days (maybe BR in Sept.).

·
Registered
227 Posts
RCJohn, like Dad said, check the TPM web site for the dates. Aug 4th is a on but the September dates are not final yet. I'm sure you'll get something in the mail about the dates but the website might show it first.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
gs500rider said:
RCJohn, like Dad said, check the TPM web site for the dates. Aug 4th is a on but the September dates are not final yet. I'm sure you'll get something in the mail about the dates but the website might show it first.
Thanks, I'm kind of fired up about this. I haven't had the opportunity to get to any TPM events this year.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts