Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody listen to their walkman while they ride? i wanted to do this todya but could;t keep the headphones on while putting on my helmet, i don;t know if this is a bad idea or not, should not to keep all my concentration on the road, or is it ok?

·
Registered
352 Posts
There've been a few posts about this already man, with good stuff said. Look back a few pages to find them, or do some searches.

For starting out, music is a definite bad idea though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
That is not a good idea, sorry. If you do that, you are no better than the cagers and their radios. It's a distraction, and motorcyclists need as FEW distractions as possible. Paying attention to the road in front of you is more important than paying attention to the radio, or to a cool song; In a car, it's usually the difference between paying higher insurance premiums or not, but on a motorcycle it could mean the difference between life or death.

Plus, why would you WANT to when you have the sweet music of a motorcycle engine? ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I can't even stand head phone in the car. No problems with the radio on but tried listening to my fancy new mp3 player once and just wasn't comfortable... Wouldn't even think about it on a bike.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
I used to wire my MP3 player through my Chatterbox. But that was a few years ago. Now I am really intimate with my ride and focused on being safe and enjoying it. Besides, what better music do I need then the purr of the engine, the rumble of the exhast, and the rattle of a dry clutch? The is a symphony within itself.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
DocThee said:
Now I am really intimate with my ride and focused on being safe and enjoying it.
i hope you at least buy it dinner first, you pervert. :twofinger

·
Registered
699 Posts
ScottF3 said:
That is not a good idea, sorry. If you do that, you are no better than the cagers and their radios. It's a distraction, and motorcyclists need as FEW distractions as possible. Paying attention to the road in front of you is more important than paying attention to the radio, or to a cool song; In a car, it's usually the difference between paying higher insurance premiums or not, but on a motorcycle it could mean the difference between life or death.

Plus, why would you WANT to when you have the sweet music of a motorcycle engine? ;)
I am assuming the Chatter Boxes are a bad idea too. I guess I never thought about using either a walkman or a chatter box, but I have friends who do. My MSC instructor used a chatter box on his CBR.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
chatter boxes are a good way to communicate with each other. music, on the other hand, can and is too distracting to people.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts