Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first bike! 2004 SV650S in blue. Only 1500 miles on it. Scorpion high mount exhaust, flush mount signals, fender eliminator, and frame sliders. :D :D I've only ridden it about a mile. Went from my Dad's house where we unloaded it to my place. Best feeling ever. When I got off the bike I was damn near shaking from being so excited and nervous. Much easier to ride than a full-blown rocket...well at least for me it is. Really weird to know that I have a motorcycle now.

·
Registered
52 Posts
So is it a good starter bike? I'm thinking of getting one of those.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I'll try to get pictures up by this weekend.
alex: As for being a good starter bike I couldn't honestly tell you as I've only logged about 2miles on it. I need to renew the registration, get insurance, and get my own helmet before I start taking it out. I can tell you that after riding a '03 GSX-R 600 the SV is much easier for me to ride. I just started to tap into that gixxer's power and ended up death gripping the bars so it wouldn't leave my ass on the ground. I should be able to tell you more in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ok thanks.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
congrats.. sounds like a deal... love to see the pics as well..

E.
btw vash sorry I haven't had time for your pics ...:( I so thought I would last week... please forgive me ;)

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Alex:
SV650 is a great starter. It is one of the easiest bikes to ride, has enough power not to bore you in the first few months, and has updated looks (Something that most other starters are missing)

E:
You've been naughty young lady! Go to my room! :D
I've started sanding down all the parts yesturday. At this rate it will take me a week or two. So no worries.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
Vash said:
Alex:
SV650 is a great starter. It is one of the easiest bikes to ride, has enough power not to bore you in the first few months, and has updated looks (Something that most other starters are missing)

E:
You've been naughty young lady! Go to my room! :D
I've started sanding down all the parts yesturday. At this rate it will take me a week or two. So no worries.
for fear of hijackin this poor fellas thread with a leghump session... I'll reply then leave it to pm's after this *heehee*

yes I have hun.. and as far as I know I aint' got anything goin on tonight so I'll get workin on them and send you a few samples...

I have an idea of what I want to do 2 different ways so we'll see if my photoshop skills are capable of bringing my thoughts into digital work ;)

E.
I'll be in the corner waiting for you :p

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Good buy. I can see the previous owner added a longer screen, to the nose piece, so the wind will not be hitting him in the chest area.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts