Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone want this bike as badly as me? 175Kg and 130BHP??? All that and looks too! I WANT ONE!!!!

------------------
"You must be fast 'cuz I was haulin' ass when I passed you"

1999 Blue/White YZF-R1: 2 Bros. C4 exhaust, Dynojet jet kit, timing tricker, dyno-tuned by Graves
2000 NBM/Lt Oak int/Blk top C5 Convertible - MN6, Z51, Vortex Rammer, A&A Exhaust, C/R X-pipe, Corsa tips, !CAGS

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Yeah Baby, that Mofo is Sweeeeeeeet. I guess the French are good for something after all. Is it in production? How much?

------------------
Clark

·
Registered
503 Posts
hell ya its sweet.

here is a small clip i took from a link found in the sbw news...

That showbike looked very much like the final prototype pictured above but Boxer boss Thierry Henriette was unsure if there would be enough customers for the exclusive £10,000 machine. Strong interest has persuaded him to put the machine into production.

French firm Voxan, which produces the 996cc engine and frame for its own bikes, has limited Boxer to 1000 motors, so the VB1 will always be scarce.

Henriette has tuned Voxan's 100bhp fuel injected V-twin to give it 123bhp. The frame is unchanged from Voxan's original, featuring two tubular spine spars with the engine as a stressed member.

The bodywork is made of weight-saving carbon-fibre, and many components have been crafted in lightweight aluminium. Two massive castings hold the steering head at one end and a massive, GP-inspired swingarm at the rear.

The rear casting doubles as an oil tank, making the bike low and compact. The Ohlins suspension unit at the rear is underneath the gearbox, while there are 43mm Paioli upside-down forks at the front.

The bike has 320mm discs with four-piston Brembo calipers at the front, and a 220mm rear disc with a two-piston caliper. Changes to the prototype include revised exhaust pipes and twin headlights instead of four.

It's not yet clear how many VB1s will find their way to the UK, but a production bike may be seen at the NEC show this year.
-------------------------------------------

------------------

·
Registered
8 Posts
But will it survive?

A beautiful bike, but Boxer is threatened by the recent bankruptcy of Voxan. Latest news is that Voxan has been purchased for pennies on the dollar by a rich turnaround artist, let's hope he can save it. Even the stock Voxan Cafe Racer is pretty cool.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts