Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, since nobody else bothered to show up, screw ya'll, I had a great time anyway :twofinger . Geoff- thanks for schooling me those couple of laps. I wanted to hook up with you again on Sunday, but it never worked out. I should be down there again Aug 17-18 (no family this time) and if you're gonna be there, I'll look forward to you showing me how fast I am not. :cool:

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not that I have a lot of tracks to compare it to, but the S course is by far my favorite. Two days later and I still can't get the grin off my face :D . If you haven't checked it out, there is a video on the VIR website.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The south course is my favorite too! I like the North course but there is something about the corkscrew that you just don't have on the north course. You were riding great Stake. Sorry I didn't get a chance to hook up with you on Sunday. There were so many guys that kept asking me to ride with them. I was looking for you late Sunday but I didn't see you out there. We had a pretty open track then. You should come out to Beaver Run at the end of this month. We can learn a new layuot together.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
the esra guys was recently up at beaverun. he said it is incredible. the best track he has ever seen. he said even the go kart course is incredible!!!`

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
cbr600f4gd said:
The tarmac at Beaver is down from what I hear. Is the TPM day still on for this month? I can't wait to get there.

from the tpm news scroller:
============================================
Go was the word from the officials at the new track being called Beaverun Motorsport Park located in Wampum Lawrence County Pennsylvania. Go for the Team Pro-Motion track event weekend coming July 13th and 14th. "We have waited for this special time to come as it is always a good day when a new facility opens to accommodate our sport and enthusiasts" said Goldman, Team Pro-Motion president. The North course is paved and ready although the surroundings will be under construction such as the paddock and actual facility.

=============================================

the esra guy said that the facilities aren't completed yet. he didn't go into a lot of details, but it sounded like if you use warmers, bring a generator and take everything with you (ice, gas, etc.). it also sounded like porta-potties, so bring your own roll (a good idea anyway, the tp at most tracks ain't user-friendly).

hey gs500rider/cbrrob if you're watching, let us know on monday!!!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm not a local but been there a few times.

I assume you mean with the AMA races in Aug, so that would be the north course. Front straight is fast and kink right over a rise, kinda blind but real easy to get used to. Heavy braking into turn one but the turn is wide and long so you can carry decent speed into it. Turn 2 and 3 are fast and wide. Turn 4 is tight but a very late apex sets up 5 and 6 nicely. Out of 5 into the snake, which is quick flick right and left and down the back straight, pick a letter on bridge to aim at to help you. Then uphill after the back straight it heavy braking the rocket up the hill, flick it back and forth all the way to the top of rollercoaster, this is my favorite part. Going down the rollercoaster is great, nice down hills turn. with a right turn at the bottom, you can carry a ton of speed through it and it sets up your speed for the front straight.

You'll see all once you get out there. Hope this helps and good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts